Brittany Ferries - Now 32 hour crossing to Santander

Brittany Ferry Crossings

Looking at pricing up ferry crossing Portsmouth - Santander or Bilbao for next summer, August, 3 of us with 3 bikes all sharing cabin, came in at almost £2,700 ! Anyone else experienced this ? I know its peak period and they have obviously suffered significant pain from Covid but I have taken this ferry many times before, the last being August this year and the cost was nothing like this.

Looking at pricing up ferry crossing Portsmouth - Santander or Bilbao for next summer, August, 3 of us with 3 bikes all sharing cabin, came in at almost £2,700 ! Anyone else experienced this ? I know its peak period and they have obviously suffered significant pain from Covid but I have taken this ferry many times before, the last being August this year and the cost was nothing like this.

For August? No, too hot and kids not in school.

They will be operating airline style pricing and bike spaces tend to fill up rapidly, so if the boat is nearly full you will get charged a premium. In the past, I have had to book in October to get my preferred options in Sept/Oct the following year. All of those people with vouchers will have been booking up crossings hoping to travel next year which makes demand even higher, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom