2021 1290S

Well I’ve just picked up a 900 miler, tech pack, heated seats, heated grips , full touratech pannier set, scotoiler, auxiliary lights, sat nav mount, for 14k….. traded in my 24,000 miler 2017 for a reasonable price, otherwise would have sold privately
Tbh a lot of the tech stuff I wouldn’t have paid for if I was buying it new. I never remember to use the quick shifter, really don’t see the point. Millions of suspension options, suspect it will spend most of its life in auto with the preload cranked up
I may stick an Arrow can on it, usually buy them from Italy but brexit has put paid to that, and may go and see señor Geoff for a remap (he did my 2017 and 1200 gs previously)

Start using that quickshifter, it really is a first class piece of kit.

Well I’ve just picked up a 900 miler, tech pack, heated seats, heated grips , full touratech pannier set, scotoiler, auxiliary lights, sat nav mount, for 14k….. traded in my 24,000 miler 2017 for a reasonable price, otherwise would have sold privately
Tbh a lot of the tech stuff I wouldn’t have paid for if I was buying it new. I never remember to use the quick shifter, really don’t see the point. Millions of suspension options, suspect it will spend most of its life in auto with the preload cranked up
I may stick an Arrow can on it, usually buy them from Italy but brexit has put paid to that, and may go and see señor Geoff for a remap (he did my 2017 and 1200 gs previously)

Good to hear you got a deal.

Out of curiosity, what have you been offered for the old bike? I’ve a 2018 (reg.Jan 2019) with 13k miles. Full electric pack, rider & pillion heated seats…..

May be me but your chain looks a bit slack , nice seat tho suits the bike well.:thumb

I agree. Looks pretty slack to me too.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for info - chain tension is within tolerance I.E.

That said I did then tighten it by half a turn of the adjusting screws just to get it absolutely spot on :D

Any tighter than that and it would be too tight ;)

Yes, it's a lovely simple and effective check. Just adjusted mine for the first time since it was new, 3700mls. I can live with that. I really thought it was going to be a bit of a pain looking after a chain again. I've got to say , it's much easier than it used to be .

Just an update on my 1290 SAS which I have had since last June. Now on 8k miles and it just keeps getting better and better.

Just back from a spin around Scotland with a night on Mull too. Here's mine with Arrow pipe and Enduristan panniers

Moj93g.jpg

Sold my previous gen SAS, 2020 and 28,500 miles. Loved that bike and the engine was very smooth.
I've only done 400 miles on new bike so far (only had a couple of days )I am finding the engine much more buzzy/high frequency vibes through the tank, especially around 4500-5000 revs.....is this normal, does it disappear after first service. I believe they use mineral oil and change to fully synth at first service..... perhaps that helps/cures ?
Apart from that the bikes steering/handling is much improved.

Any comments on your experience appreciated :beerjug:

After writing this post under the general Forum heading I've found this section :blast

Also after writing this post I've been out in the garage having a play with the settings.......What a disaster ! the computer had a total melt down. I couldn't access anything on the screen, C1 & C2 didn't work, indicators and main beam flash didn't work, screen just locked in Rally mode. Turned off, waited a few minutes, turned back on, the same. Tried several times. I got every error message displayed as well. After leaving for at least 10 minutes it decided to work again, but with all previous setting & C1 & C2 unkept. I didn't rush the computer and let it fully load before hitting start as I know from my previous bike that this would bring up a General Failure Red warning.
Any clues as to what happened.... ??

Sold my previous gen SAS, 2020 and 28,500 miles. Loved that bike and the engine was very smooth.
I've only done 400 miles on new bike so far (only had a couple of days )I am finding the engine much more buzzy/high frequency vibes through the tank, especially around 4500-5000 revs.....is this normal, does it disappear after first service. I believe they use mineral oil and change to fully synth at first service..... perhaps that helps/cures ?
Apart from that the bikes steering/handling is much improved.

Any comments on your experience appreciated :beerjug:

After writing this post under the general Forum heading I've found this section :blast

Also after writing this post I've been out in the garage having a play with the settings.......What a disaster ! the computer had a total melt down. I couldn't access anything on the screen, C1 & C2 didn't work, indicators and main beam flash didn't work, screen just locked in Rally mode. Turned off, waited a few minutes, turned back on, the same. Tried several times. I got every error message displayed as well. After leaving for at least 10 minutes it decided to work again, but with all previous setting & C1 & C2 unkept. I didn't rush the computer and let it fully load before hitting start as I know from my previous bike that this would bring up a General Failure Red warning.
Any clues as to what happened.... ??

The 17 1290 I had was an immediate swap out after a morning on the new one when it came out. No-brainer.

I haven't noticed the vibes you're talking of. Maybe wait for first service. I then went to Hilltop and got the usual done. But please note that I got Geoff to change his throttle adjustment (he makes it X% faster acting from the get-go) because it messes with the quick shifter and blipper otherwise. The fuelling still gets changed, but the throttle is pretty much like stock. As usual with his magic you can suddenly pull very strongly without changing down a gear, and this is a long winded way of saying this might be why I don't get the vibes you're experiencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom