New CB350 H'ness

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apparently selling well in the Far East and other versions will be released including a scrambler

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-04-16-51-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-04-16-51-44.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 220
  • honda-hness-cb350-2.jpg
    honda-hness-cb350-2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_2020-12-04-16-48-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-04-16-48-06.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 232
the scrambler reminds me of those cl360 models from the '70s. some good potential there.

I saw pictures of these a few weeks back, made for the rapidly expanding Asian market, India in particular I believe. Not built so much for performance, but more to a price for a market that exists. Simplicity and reliability will be the main goals within the price range, as there are other established competitors in the markets they are targeting.

But it got me thinking, that we are seeing some more interesting traditional motorcycles, here and abroad, the initial Yamaha 700/900 models, both when launched were built to a price range. Honda CB 500 series of bikes all represent excellent value for money, and there are many others. It made me think back to the Honda CB350S; that was all the rage in the 80s, basic, well priced and sold in shedloads to DRs in London and other major cities.

When we saw this happen back then it was because the bike sales had stalled and had become far too expensive, due to a major recession; Yamaha for instance, who had been on the cusp of catching Honda for sales, was near bankrupt and never recovered to its former glory. But we saw many good bikes as a result, so a cheap 350 scrambler by Honda might just tap into the huge demand for VFM new A2 bikes during the covid crisis, with people taking up bikes to commute to work ........ That could be good for everyone with an interest in bikes, if it ever comes to the UK of course.

Through Readley I subscribe to Bike India, there is lots of content from the Uk Bike magazine but clearly they are Indian focussed. They reviewed the 350 Honda about 2 months ago. They really like it. Hence the Enfield Meteor is slugging away at the same mkt.

Bike India said there were no plans for a Euro release.

Thank the Lord, I was thinking it might be another CB 250 / 400 / 350 derivative.

The world does not deserve that.

Back
Top Bottom