Where is best to sell a GS?

Ebay?

You’re just after entertainment there, not a sale shirley?

Watch out for the I work on an oil rig so won’t be able to collect in person, I’ll pay and then get it collected by someone. Same outcome as mentioned above, buyer makes a claim against PayPal saying they never received the goods and you get royally fucked over in the process!

That's the one !

We buy any bikes type of shop, got £2,000 more than BMW dealer offered , simple didnt ask how much I wanted for the bike, just told me how much they would pay, bacs transfer there and then, I got a taxi home

As one has said already get some decent pictures taken and advertise it on here for starters. You can take it direct to a dealers or sell it to ‘we buy any bike’ if you’re desperate to shift it but you’re going to take a hit on the price. Autotrader isn’t a bad option, quite a few people use it as a first port of call when looking for specific bikes. Ebay would be my last port of call.

It is as you say the wrong time to sell but if you’re buying another bike it can be a good time to trade in.

As one has said already get some decent pictures taken and advertise it on here for starters. You can take it direct to a dealers or sell it to ‘we buy any bike’ if you’re desperate to shift it but you’re going to take a hit on the price. Autotrader isn’t a bad option, quite a few people use it as a first port of call when looking for specific bikes. Ebay would be my last port of call.

It is as you say the wrong time to sell but if you’re buying another bike it can be a good time to trade in.

I've traded in 2 GS' in December/January and both sold within a couple of weeks. Both dealers said good GS' sell all year round while some other bikes just don't sell over winter which in my case proved to be crrect. My last trade in got me far more from the dealer than WBAB offered so it pays not to limit your options (BTW WBAB gave me the " Bikes don't sell during winter" as an excuse so IMO they were either trying it on or didn't understand the specific GS market)

Don't use webuyanybike or some such sites - jokers! Offerred me £8K for a 1 year old S1000XR with 5K miles on it.

I didn't even know those gusy tbh... I did a trade in in Nov 2015 as well but this time it's sell only unfortunately.

Now on eBay I have 19 watchers so let's see what happens. Really gutted to sell this bike - The GS is by far the best road bike I've ever had (I couldn't use my s1000rr on the road just too crazy). The GS is just so bloody good on normal road at normal-ish speeds. I love it.

Hopefully I will get another once situation is stabilised.

Is it good to sell such things on Amazon? As I've heard it is extremely fast. I have never USD it before so can't give a full answer.

Amazon? That would be a first - one click buying would get us all in trouble ;)

Ebay worked for the s1000rr - people do try stupid prices but come around days/weeks after an auction is over. I've put accessories on now.

Is there a market for Almax chains? Those things are insanely heavy I don't think that I will move around with them

Now on eBay I have 19 watchers so let's see what happens. Really gutted to sell this bike - The GS is by far the best road bike I've ever had (I couldn't use my s1000rr on the road just too crazy). The GS is just so bloody good on normal road at normal-ish speeds. I love it.

Can you put the ebay linky up so we can see the bike???

Ah yes sure here it is:

**** Link removed. Please use the For Sale/Wanted sections to sell/buy****

31 watchers hopefully some serious buyers let's see!

I now have a "buyer" on eBay clearly trying to scam me. The convoluted messages are quite entertaining and reminiscent of the good old days of early "African princes and lawyers"... Not sure how the scam actually is supposed to work. Trying to get my paypal details and book a collection of the bike by a delivery agent. I say it all sounds legit :)

They're always so obvious, just feck them off....... why bother wasting time having any dialogue.

We buy any bikes type of shop, got £2,000 more than BMW dealer offered , simple didnt ask how much I wanted for the bike, just told me how much they would pay, bacs transfer there and then, I got a taxi home

Don't use webuyanybike or some such sites - jokers! Offerred me £8K for a 1 year old S1000XR with 5K miles on it.
Two different views:D

Indeed....

When now with absolute clusterfuck the UK is AGAIN finding itself in with lockdowns and mysterious mutated viruses etc it's even more of a mess ... What a year.

Well after much of nothing the GS didn't sell. I also had an s1000rr this took about a month (sold to a nice chap from Wales as soon as he could escape the lockdown there) and a Vespa which took even more time as basically, no one is commuting... Tough market!

Obviously we all want to maximise cash for things we're selling. But there are things that put me off selling privately. One of them is dealing with the shite from chancers, another is dealing with scammers. Perhaps most worrying is the bike blowing up on the buyer's way home and having to deal with any comeback from that. I'd only sell privately to someone I knew and trusted.

I've sold a few bike related things recently, but for a price where if it all goes wrong I can live with the loss.

The ease of p/exing or selling to a dealer where they carry all the risk means I'm happy to take a bit less.

Webuyanybike gave me a laughable figure for one bike and as much as I was expecting for another. Three weeks later they're still texting with improved offers on the more expensive of the two (though it's long gone now).

Back
Top Bottom