Where is best to sell a GS?

Londonfrog

Reaction score
Hello all,

I unfortunately have to sell my GS 2015 but I am not sure what's the best avenue - eBay has been very slow - took one month to sell my super clean s1000rr.

I obviously know that now isn't the best time but hey...

Any alternative people would recommend? This site? Autotrader? Shpok :) ?

Strip all the accessories and sell to a dealer. No fucking about.

Ebay classifieds are as good as anything - If there is a buyer out there, that's the place to find them.

For £20 fixed fee. Just be prepared for the "Will you take £4,000, Mate" texts.

I only dealt with dealers when part exchanging - usually BMW Williams they were fair on trade in of ZZR1400 vs s1000rr in 2012... Not sure on an pure sale basis!

I would have done "Classified" for a fixed fee (and offers).

Price at what you want, + 300-400 wiggle room.

Have you considered asking the dealer if they'd do a sale or return? I sold my dad's camper van that way and got 2k more by doing so. Obviously you wouldn't get your money until they've sold the bike but if my experience is anything to go by you get more than just selling it to them outright

I’ve sold a few bikes to Williams BMW over the years, never bought from them, they are generally pretty good. I’ve only had one bad experience with them which resulted in the dealer principle calling me apologising and giving me £1k as an apology due to some poor service from a member of staff. So for that I would recommend them as any company who is willing to make an effort to put things right is a good egg in my book.

I now have a "buyer" on eBay clearly trying to scam me. The convoluted messages are quite entertaining and reminiscent of the good old days of early "African princes and lawyers"... Not sure how the scam actually is supposed to work. Trying to get my paypal details and book a collection of the bike by a delivery agent. I say it all sounds legit :)

Would be great if you could do a switcheroo on these fuckers.

S20 5G sent this......

I now have a "buyer" on eBay clearly trying to scam me. The convoluted messages are quite entertaining and reminiscent of the good old days of early "African princes and lawyers"... Not sure how the scam actually is supposed to work. Trying to get my paypal details and book a collection of the bike by a delivery agent. I say it all sounds legit :)

Pays by paypal, gets collected by a 3rd party, and he claims the collector had nothing to do with him , and gets refunded by paypal from you.

Very nice...

I'm also selling my old scooter and I have another one of those through a local selling app... Unbelievable.

Rats...

Pays by paypal, gets collected by a 3rd party, and he claims the collector had nothing to do with him , and gets refunded by paypal from you.

it's unbelievable what they go for, i had this very same scam tried on me for a vintage split cane fishing rod.

Like I said, go to a main dealer. Or we buy any bike. Life is too short for fucking about.

Watch out for the I work on an oil rig so won’t be able to collect in person, I’ll pay and then get it collected by someone. Same outcome as mentioned above, buyer makes a claim against PayPal saying they never received the goods and you get royally fucked over in the process!

Back
Top Bottom