Tannus Armour ?

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Bit of a random one this, anyone using Tannus Armour in their tyres ??

I'd never heard of it before about an hour ago and despite numerous attempts to get the rear of my bike tubeless this may well be the answer.

What does it do ?

Stops punctures, and yes I hear you saying but so does tubeless and as per my post, for the life of me I can't get my rear tubeless (oh err missus)

Seems reviews are very favourable and you can run much lower pressures with no burp of type that tubeless can cause.

Stops punctures, and yes I hear you saying but so does tubeless and as per my post, for the life of me I can't get my rear tubeless (oh err missus)

Seems reviews are very favourable and you can run much lower pressures with no burp of type that tubeless can cause.

Mate of mine is looking at this, but for more extreme enduro jumping, but his tubeless has been faultless- so he’s only thinking of it.

On your rear tyre - check the inner rim tape, replace if not the special moulded mavic stuff - as that’s usually very good.

Muc off valves, Stans, and a good tubeless track pump - take it all to a mate who does maintenance to his own bikes and ask him to do it for you. Never had an issue with this, done loads of tyres this way.

I have an airshot, stans, valves and still can't get it. I've tried various rim tape and still no luck, yet the front sealed first attempt and is still good yet. I've since bought the Tannus since posting this thread. ;)

Let’s know how you get on with the Tannus. It sounds like it might be a tad heavy, which would affect the way the bike handles and accelerates..

Let’s know how you get on with the Tannus. It sounds like it might be a tad heavy, which would affect the way the bike handles and accelerates..

There is quite a few vids out there stating otherwise, in saying that, weight isn't really an issue with a 24 kilo bike ;)

There is quite a few vids out there stating otherwise, in saying that, weight isn't really an issue with a 24 kilo bike ;)

Feking hell - 24 kilos ! Is that the cube, blimey that’s feking heavy.

Feking hell - 24 kilos ! Is that the cube, blimey that’s feking heavy.

I took my FS Lapierre outside the other day to wash it and couldn't believe how light it was, felt like there was nothing there :D but the weight of the cube only comes in to play when I'm dragging it up mountains. DAMHIK :blast

Back
Top Bottom