A day out off-road in North Wales

Pacific

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I took the GS out on Sunday for a trail ride with my local TRF group - including a few faces from this parish.

Video in lieu of a ride report.

https://youtu.be/yP3WVd0p54E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one! :thumb
Have to say I wouldn't have fancied a few of those lanes on my GS. Maybe someone else's? :green gri
Mark

Good one Mark, I was hoping you'd post that video on here.
Great riding!!

Nice one. :thumb

What tyres are you using?

I hate muddy ruts and that’s why I’ve got a Husqvarna to use on byways rather than take my GS on them. Top riding on a big bike like yours :thumb

Really enjoyed that, shows how a capable rider can manage in pretty muddy conditions on a big bike. If your tyres are anything other than full on knobblies I'm even more impressed at your skills !

RBW.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm on my 3rd or 4th set of Anakee Wilds. I really like them, they are excellent on and off road. The front has lots of side grip which adds confidence off-road.
Their only negatives are that they don't last that long and the front is noisy on road, but they are worth the compromise in my opinion.

Thanks

Mark

Hats off Mark. I thought I could half ride off-road until I took my GS a few months ago (complete with Anakee wilds) on a similar wet, rutty TRF run in Surrey.
I baled out after 3 lanes before the inevitable damage to man or bike and pissing off anyone fool enough to be behind me.
Getting too used to smaller bikes and after first tumble or ten, the rot had set in - baling was the right thing for me that day.
That was impressive riding.

Back
Top Bottom