This is a great Head Torch

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
https://uk.knivesandtools.eu/en/pt/-nitecore-nu25-led-head-torch-black.htm

I walk the dogs at night up onto the hill and because of the distant views (twinkling lights at night) and stars I was looking for a red light head torch and my searching led to this one.

Brilliant bit of kit, two red modes one good enough to walk by
A soft white flood again great to walk being bright enough but not having any hot spots to draw your eye or funny beam cut off shadows that mess with your head
The spot if you need it is very good three modes plus a 30 second extra high boost - both the medium and full time high on the spot are very bright and have great distance, I’ve not but I reckon I could safely mountain bike using it

I bought mine from Amazon, just found the above when looking for a picture to post

Attachments

• FF4CD35B-6A04-4C57-B1A2-405CD229A00E.jpg
    FF4CD35B-6A04-4C57-B1A2-405CD229A00E.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 972
Ordered, thank you. Been meaning to get one for evening walking/running and working in the garage over winter.

RBW.

Things you never knew you would need when moving from town to country. Dark, 'ere, innit? :D

I bought a fancy Nightcore to save buying batteries for my Petzl MYO XP. Horrible white light, just seems so intrusive to me.
I hold it on the dogs glow ball, charging it up whist producing a green navigable hue all around me ... a bit like a radioactive Ready Brek kid.

I much prefer my old Petzl for camping with the light diffuser making reading/cooking so much easier.

I bought a fancy Nightcore to save buying batteries for my Petzl MYO XP. Horrible white light, just seems so intrusive to me.
I hold it on the dogs glow ball, charging it up whist producing a green navigable hue all around me ... a bit like a radioactive Ready Brek kid.

I much prefer my old Petzl for camping with the light diffuser making reading/cooking so much easier.

I’m with you on bright white light, that’s why I was searching for a HT with a good red light. The nice thing about this HT is the secondary white light is warmer/softer and also good for walking.

The spot is very punchy and white but when the need is to see and focus on a spot, it’s bloody good.

I run my dogs of the lead at night and on the odd occasion I do need a spot light to search for the one that loves to range :D

Things you never knew you would need when moving from town to country. Dark, 'ere, innit? :D

Yup, very dark, from our place it looks out over an area with no roads or house so it’s pitch black at times. I love going up on Hardown Hill and on a clear night the stars are amazing, Portland Bill 20+ Miles away is very clear and twinkly and if it’s very clear you can make out Start Point which is 50 miles away.

A head torch with a red light is great for keeping my night vision

I have 3 head torches at the moment ( one rechargeable) but also currently hunting for a mega powerful one. :thumb2 I don’t mind having a separate battery case on a waistband either. Can’t make my mind up. :blast

How do the batteries last, some go through them very quickly? I use a headtorch in the hills so if I'm off for a couple of days, I need them to last (along with a spare set) a

How do the batteries last, some go through them very quickly? I use a headtorch in the hills so if I'm off for a couple of days, I need them to last (along with a spare set) a

My night time dog walks are 45-60 mins and Im only using the Red or Aux White Flood so the battery seems to last ages... In one of the reviews it was mentioned that this light also works when charging so if you've a small charging pack you should always have light.

I have 3 head torches at the moment ( one rechargeable) but also currently hunting for a mega powerful one. :thumb2 I don’t mind having a separate battery case on a waistband either. Can’t make my mind up. :blast

Try 'Hope' you won't be dissappointed.

Bought one of these a year ago.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-...cling-Torch-/324290980628?hash=item4b813fab14
Totally breathtaking.
However look on this search and make up your own mind:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html...d=323959283536&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l46251

I have a great metal waterproof fenix head torch with two levels and is not a blindingly white light but softer. I cannot see the point of a headtorch that is as powerful as a lot of people use..... to me the purpose of the head torch is to see where your feet are going or what is in your hands reach...... if i want a big bright light i carry one separately .... saves ruining everyone else's night vision when you move your head around?????

I have a great metal waterproof fenix head torch with two levels and is not a blindingly white light but softer. I cannot see the point of a headtorch that is as powerful as a lot of people use..... to me the purpose of the head torch is to see where your feet are going or what is in your hands reach...... if i want a big bright light i carry one separately .... saves ruining everyone else's night vision when you move your head around?????

+1
At the last Overland event I was continually being blinded by inconsiderate high powered head torches.

If you were using a hand torch you wouldn't purposely shine it direct into someones eyes. That rule obviously doesn't apply to head torches. They have their uses, working when you need two hands free, inside the tent etc.

tom

We were given Led Lenser head torches for hands free snooping; robust units with both adjustable beam and a dimmer function. Not expensive compared to their other offerings and using AA batteries gave reasonable life too.

a quick reminder that this thread was started based on recommending a head torch which IMO was good because it has a soft light and even better a good red light for when you don't want to screw up yours or others night vision.

It does have a spot capability which is useful when the hound takes off after a deer and I want to pick up a glint from her hi viz collar, its also good for working on the bike but for my main use walking up on the hills at night the reason I've found this head torch to be great is for the reason mentioned in the last couple of posts - A light that is kind on your eyes and if that's your thing, I'd highly recommend trying a red light

If you were using a hand torch you wouldn't purposely shine it direct into someones eyes. That rule obviously doesn't apply to head torches.

When you have got that message across, you can turn your attention to the even worse numpties who bolt a million suns across the front (and sometimes now the rear) of their bloody motorbikes.

A head torch with a red light is great for keeping my night vision

And your dogs' night vision too, I suspect. Many animals don't see red light, so if you accidentally 'lamp' your dogs, with a red light they're less likely to run into the next tree. With vets' bills being what they are.....

Back
Top Bottom