Britanny Ferries 2021

Each time I've been through the tunnel the bikes have always been parked up well away from the cars, therefore loads
of room for a jump seat to be deployed.
Granted it would be a squeeze if unfolded adjacent to car, but surely common sense could be applied not to squat
down if rubbing up against a car. In such circumstances it would revert to standing room only.

BTW, got no chairs in your pub or is it hemorrhoids?:D

Just open a rear door in one of the nearby cars and you'll probably find a comfy seat. When they see a biker they'll probably shrink back in fear and offer you their flask of tea, maybe with a custard cream biscuit. Remember to leave the car on arrival in Johnny Foreigner land.

Just open a rear door in one of the nearby cars and you'll probably find a comfy seat. When they see a biker they'll probably shrink back in fear and offer you their flask of tea, maybe with a custard cream biscuit. Remember to leave the car on arrival in Johnny Foreigner land.

I can just see the lead story in the Calais Herald....

Biker seen checking car door handles on Chunnel train, arrest made by gendarmes in Calais.:D

Failing that, we can meet for a flask of brew, standing up on the Chunnel. A flask of brew will confirm us as bikermates of the highest order, not prepared to visit the 'Travellers Experience Centre' at Folkestone and be ripped-off for a freshly made coffee and danish.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have urgent business, helping a bod decide if it'll be warm enough for his crotchless panties in May in the bazars and fleshpots of Arabee…

If you're travelling on the Chunnel, I can arrange a special reception party for you.

This reminds me...
Why the feck don't they fit folding jump seats (same as aircraft cabin crew use) in the Chunnel trains.

Rant over.

If you're that weak and frail sit on the floor with your back against the wall.
But standing for a while gives your arse a rest ready for hooning on the awesome steed along all the twisties to your thoroughly researched destination.

If you're that weak and frail sit on the floor with your back against the wall.
But standing for a while gives your arse a rest ready for hooning on the awesome steed along all the twisties to your thoroughly researched destination.

'Thoroughly researched destination'.
Are you talking to me or someone else.:D

I've done the sitting on the floor thing but it's not very British. So undignified.
I'm think I should write to Eurotunnel suggesting they have a 'chair walla' to dish out camping chairs near motorcycles.:)

'

I'm think I should write to Eurotunnel suggesting they have a 'chair walla' to dish out camping chairs near motorcycles.:)

That's a good idea. Pale blue paper, fountain pen, nice envelope with a first class stamp. They'll recognise class when they see it, give you what you deserve.

did he wear a glove or go bareback?

BK39-18_1200x1200.jpg

Goddamn awful company.

Bike trip 2018 cancelled as my pal got prostate cancer, so we got sent a voucher £589. Fair enough. Expired in two years.
Bike trip 2020 booked and subsequently cancelled due to Covid, somehow now end up with two vouchers, as the crossings were cancelled separately even though one original booking..one for £309, one for £279.
Booked this July for June 2021 to Santander, made as two bookings (because of these sodding vouchers) . Unable to go now, website states just before I click cancel that I will lose x hundred but get a cheque for x amount, I took a screen print.i thought, hmm ok a bit of cash back and write off as experience.
Low and behold two more vouchers arrive in the post today for 1/3 of what I had previously, £82 and £97 quid.

Phone them up, ‘it’s the T&Cs’ and ‘can you send us the screen print’. Can have my original booking back (already stated no good) or go swivel.

Ive now got two shitty little vouchers now, good for f all

Sick of the fuckers, the vouchers can go in the bin.

Goddamn awful company.

Bike trip 2018 cancelled as my pal got prostate cancer, so we got sent a voucher £589. Fair enough. Expired in two years.
Bike trip 2020 booked and subsequently cancelled due to Covid, somehow now end up with two vouchers, as the crossings were cancelled separately even though one original booking..one for £309, one for £279.
Booked this July for June 2021 to Santander, made as two bookings (because of these sodding vouchers) . Unable to go now, website states just before I click cancel that I will lose x hundred but get a cheque for x amount, I took a screen print.i thought, hmm ok a bit of cash back and write off as experience.
Low and behold two more vouchers arrive in the post today for 1/3 of what I had previously, £82 and £97 quid.

Phone them up, ‘it’s the T&Cs’ and ‘can you send us the screen print’. Can have my original booking back (already stated no good) or go swivel.

Ive now got two shitty little vouchers now, good for f all

Sick of the fuckers, the vouchers can go in the bin.

Was the 2018 cancellation refund (vouchers) - not unduly generous from BF? Was it in strict accordance with their T&C, or should the burden have been on you and your travel insurance?

If so - perhaps you should be giving them credit where it is due?

Was the 2018 cancellation refund (vouchers) - not unduly generous from BF? Was it in strict accordance with their T&C, or should the burden have been on you and your travel insurance?

If so - perhaps you should be giving them credit where it is due?

They’ve had money on top since, we got about £380 back in vouchers from that original booking that was two bikes and two cabins two way to Spain ,so no, it was not generous, it was in line with their cancellation policy, not to mention my travel companion was terminally ill and not in a position to claim on anything.

I then paid extra on top for this years trip, 1 bike only, on my credit card, and subsequently got only a voucher back for my trouble, thereby keeping more of my money. And now it’s dwindled down to under £200 quid.

I think they are a set of wankers, every hotel I booked the trip for refunded me, Brittany Ferries just keep hoikng out the vouchers.

......Brittany Ferries just keep hoikng out the vouchers.

Thats how they managed to get Galicia to float and two others due in new year and year after. It called ruthless business plan. They still got tight grip on you and your (their) vouchers, even if they not worth to them the value printed on these bits of paper.

It not nice, but all these huge firms are run by accountants who are removed from your emotions, by many bods in between. The poor 21 year old on the phone just trying to keep his/her job by offering you what he/she were told to do. The accountants see a £10 or a £500 in same light, if it hasn't got another 000, 0000, 00000, 000000 on the end, then it is not worth getting emotional about, unlike us "plebs".

Let us raise a glass and hope the '21 is a more memorable for different reasons. :cheers

To be fair to them, it's not their fault you've cancelled three trips (if I'm following correctly?). Their refund terms are normally fairly clear when booking - not particularly generous, in my view, but at least fairly transparent.

Drawing comparisons with hotels that have refunded you is hardly fair. An entirely different kettle of fish.

They refunded me for 2020's cancelled trip (they cancelled, not me, so a different slant on it) although they tried hard to give me vouchers. i pointed them in the direction of the Ts&Cs made at the time of booking and they obliged with a full refund. For 2021's booking I paid a little extra to get a flexible, refundable ticket so even if I cancel I'll get 75% of it back as a proper refund rather than vouchers.

As the only provider for the long routes, they do have a bit of a grip on the market. That said, if there was good money to be made at lower ticket prices, you can bet your life competitors would be muscling in.

They’ve also nudged me into paying way over the minimum deposit for the latest trip again due to the all or nothing voucher concept, and now when I cancel, their call centre statement is you paid more deposit than required and that’s why you are getting less back. All despite a cancellation screen that quite clearly said I was getting a cheque x2 (cheques!) in big flashing letters - confirmed on the phone as complete bollox. Just an outdated pain in the arse company and well off the pace in a digital era.

I guess it’s unfortunate that there is nobody else who can provide this service and yes they can be avoided by travelling overland, but the convenience of using a service direct to Spain I personally feel is worth it, plus, after 1st Jan, will save on my 90 in 180 days allowance we are stuck with now we are out of the EU.

Had a trip booked in Sep 20 - 2 bikes, 2 people 1 cabin

Chose to delay, so amended booking to depart 29/4/21. That'll be another £100 please, making £850....ok...let's go with it...nobody's fault etc, etc

Just looking at kicking the can a bit further into next year.
departing 27th May £1100
departing 29th July £1676
departing 31st August £1285
departing 2nd Sep £1285
departing 7th Sep £1237

Much longer on the galicia too, so not very attractive. Think I'll knock it on the head if not going in April and go somewhere else.

It not nice, but all these huge firms are run by accountants who are removed from your emotions, by many bods in between.

If they were run by some of the bods on UKGSer, they’d be bankrupt in a week.

I, seemingly like others, am still very confused by the bod who makes bookings and then cancels them, expecting the company to drop their strides and give him his money back in full each and every time.

It started with a trip with his mate a couple of years back. His travel companion developed a serious medical condition and could not go. That ‘loss’ (at least for the ill person) would probably been covered by travel insurance but no claim was made. SiRich could still have gone on his own but opted not to. They both received a refund in the form of vouchers valid for two years. The ferry company was (apparently) not obliged to give the refunds but they did. Why the vouchers were not subsequently used (or indeed if they were used) is not immediately obvious.

Roll on a couple of years. Another booking is made but then cancelled, not by the ferry operator (as I read it) but - as with the cancellation above - by the fellow himself. There then seems to be some convoluted story about screen shots, cheques and vouchers, coupled with a lot of shouting.

The moral of the story....

A. If you make bookings, do your best to fulfil them.

B. Buy decent travel insurance and claim off it, should something bad happen. If the person (a mate, with all that implys) is too ill to claim, help them to do it.

C. Don’t change your mind about going and expect the world to accommodate you.

D. Stick to selling expensive private number plates on UKGSer, that goes really well :D

Back
Top Bottom