Rickman Metisse

That does look fantastic.
Great job lewisjohn

.................. I’ve been asked by a friend to build one for him, so probably going to order a kit over the next few weeks. I have two engines to choose from,
a big bore 840 and a standard 650.

Hardly surprising!

I've been watching quietly from the sidelines and am amazed how well this has turned out. The detail of the build and the final result are the type of thread that I enjoy so much on here. This is a work of art. Credit to you.

:thumb2

Absolutely stunning :thumb2:thumb2.

That build is a credit to you, I look forward to some 'Action Shots'.

Your friend is in for a treat ;).

Bob.

l completely missed the finish line....:blast

Any chance of a short video please?? Nothing special, just starting up and running - possibly a thraaaaaap up the road ??

Pretty please....:)

When I get a chance I’ll do a walk round video and a quick blast up the road.

That is really nice. Well done you.

That is a handsome machine.

The Yamaha engine gives it some 'je ne sais quoi' dont you think?

Ooohh. Listen to me!:D

I’m a member of an XS650 American based forum, I posted a thread and a couple of photos of my bike , I’ve obviously done something right as it’s featured in their 2022 calendar.This is the first draft, the bio etc is still to be added.

Attachments

• 387CB7B0-7170-4228-B566-93D5FE2EB538.jpeg
    387CB7B0-7170-4228-B566-93D5FE2EB538.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I’m a member of an XS650 American based forum, I posted a thread and a couple of photos of my bike , I’ve obviously done something right as it’s featured in their 2022 calendar.This is the first draft, the bio etc is still to be added.

Congratulations. Not at all surprised - it is a thing of beauty.

Having been a member of the KTC (Kawasaki Triples Club) for many, many years I have seen lots of restorations and many rebuilds and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching each of them growing with pictures on the KTC forum, there are some highly talented folk out there.

Your build, is IMHO, stunning !

I love Rickman frames/bikes and yours is truly beautiful...well done sir :thumb2 :thumb2

And so it begins again, I picked another frame today for my next build. It’s for a mate, BSA conical hubs,twin leading shoe front. Triumph Hurricane forks, gloss black bodywork ordered. Rebuilt XS650 motor ready to go in.

Attachments

• CEE467D9-90BF-4BE0-80A0-252714873FFD.jpg
    CEE467D9-90BF-4BE0-80A0-252714873FFD.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 604
  • 8F87B218-74CE-444B-AD4B-2F4D92210D3B.jpg
    8F87B218-74CE-444B-AD4B-2F4D92210D3B.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 602
lewisjohn. Do you buy and rebuilt the XS650 engines yourself or do buy them in fully rebuilt from somewhere?

Great engine for this sort of thing..:thumb2

lewisjohn. Do you buy and rebuilt the XS650 engines yourself or do buy them in fully rebuilt from somewhere?

Great engine for this sort of thing..:thumb2
I was given two complete engines about eighteen months ago ,they had been in a mates garage for around ten years. I was thinking of something to do with them when I saw an advert for Rickman in Stroud. I mentioned to my mate that I’d love to build a Metisse and he said, I’ve got a set of XT500 forks and a pair of wheels you can have .The following day I rang Rickman and ordered a frame.
My mate loved the bike so I told him that I’d build one for him with the spare engine.This one is using Triumph conical hub wheels with Triumph Hurricane forks.
The engines are great to work on, roller bearing crank,easy to tune,but with a poorly designed starter motor, I have left the starter motor off and just use the kickstart.

I was given two complete engines about eighteen months ago ,they had been in a mates garage for around ten years. I was thinking of something to do with them when I saw an advert for Rickman in Stroud. I mentioned to my mate that I’d love to build a Metisse and he said, I’ve got a set of XT500 forks and a pair of wheels you can have .The following day I rang Rickman and ordered a frame.
My mate loved the bike so I told him that I’d build one for him with the spare engine.This one is using Triumph conical hub wheels with Triumph Hurricane forks.
The engines are great to work on, roller bearing crank,easy to tune,but with a poorly designed starter motor, I have left the starter motor off and just use the kickstart.

Great little story and background to the builds.

Many thanks for the reply...:)

Back
Top Bottom