How hot is it end of May? Clothing question...

Hi fella ,, just in the off chance it has not been covered ,, be SURE to take a camelbac hydration type pack ,,
Key bit of kit for warm / hot weather riding . ( a few sachets of dioralyte is also a good idea , bung one in your water pack now and again if it is stinking hot and you are drinking a lot of water )

How hot? Simple answer is too hot, go 4 or 5 weeks earlier.

Hi fella ,, just in the off chance it has not been covered ,, be SURE to take a camelbac hydration type pack ,,
Key bit of kit for warm / hot weather riding . ( a few sachets of dioralyte is also a good idea , bung one in your water pack now and again if it is stinking hot and you are drinking a lot of water )

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a Kriega hydro pack a couple of years back which I’ve used in Chile and Malaysia to good effect so I plan on taking that with me and using it daily.

One thing I've done for recent trips is is keeping the Camelback in my tankbag and not in a rucksack. This stops it pressing against my back and weighing on my shoulders. Its just a personal thing but I feel it also helps the airflow through the Rallye type jacket as it sits more loosely.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I’ve got a Mosko Moto Nomad with a built in hydro pack which would be perfect but I’m hiring the bikes down there so not sure if it’s feasible to fit it on for the trip

Just returned from our Morocco trip so thought I’d add some thoughts after the event in case they’re useful for anyone contemplating a similar trip.

Temperatures varied from 20C up to 44C in the Sahara.

My kit consisted of BMW Citytrousers (Armoured cargo trousers), a BMW Rallye Pro 2 jacket, Rukka Forsair gloves, a Nishua C Carbon enduro helmet. I also took a Macna evaporative cooling vest and a Hyperkewl bandana to wear under my helmet.

Overall the jacket vented really well and kept me cool all week. It was good to have the option to close the vents up for cooler morning starts. The evap vest was brilliant and really works to keep your core cool under your jacket. 600ml of water into it gives you about 5-6 hours cooling and I think their claims of 6C-10C temp reduction seems reasonable. The bandanas again worked well for keeping my bonce cool when it got really hot, particularly doing some off road in the dunes in 44C mid afternoon. Forsair gloves were great.

Overall the kit seemed to work well and temps weren’t a major issue.

Back
Top Bottom