Woo Hoo we have an RE Section

I've got a sump guard from Hitchcocks ready to fit, mainly to protect the oil filter. I've been considering taking off both the mudguard extenders and removing the fork leg reflectors. I've bought a rear reflector to fit on the bottom of the reg plate when I remove rear mudguard. Later I may replace the rear shocks with IKON units similar to what I put on my T120, and progressive fork springs (these mods made a big difference)
I'm undecided about replacing the silencers, the bike doesn't sound too bad standard, and I don't want anything too loud.
Yes Al, been thinking for a while about taking off the mudguard extenders as well but keep putting it off, they do a very good job at keeping the shit off and I'm not convinced, yet at least, that the bike looks that much better with them off will see

The YSS rear shocks are performing well and feeling good at least on the short runs so far anyway, see what they are like over the coming months but all good so far. Think ive got them reasonably well set up for with preload and rebound. I will consider adjustable front fork springs upgrade later this year as well.

Worth mentioning again that the standard suspension set up on the 650 twins is more than adequate for most riders.... I'm a tinkerer though

I've only done about 350 miles (bike laid up since end of November-back on road this week) I've jacked the rear suspension up to one below hardest and that improved things. I want to replace the standard shocks with the IKON parts as much for looks as improved performance. The standard shocks detract from the retro looks somewhat IMHO.

I’d certainly be tempted by the Continental GT version, it’d sit nicely next to my limited edition 500 😀

Only 11 out of the 150 coming to the UK, you have to register interest I think, wonder what they will sell for? ..... but you would never ride it would you

Only 11 out of the 150 coming to the UK, you have to register interest I think, wonder what they will sell for? ..... but you would never ride it would you

I registered and had an email reply, the prices will be just over £8k, I think the GT is about a £100 more expensive, they have thrown the accessories catalogue at them apparently.

I might as well register and yes, I’d ride it.

Good video, thanks for posting.

Pete, have you ridden one yet? A while back you did express interest in one.

Good video, thanks for posting.

Pete, have you ridden one yet? A while back you did express interest in one.

No and Yes! No, not ridden one - the local dealer does not have a good rep and I'm not going there, even for a test ride. Yes, still interested. When things warm up, I'll head over to Weegieland (Renfrew) and try one from the dealer there. Still have to sell the RT mind!

Back
Top Bottom