Woo Hoo we have an RE Section

Been looking at the Interceptor 650 for a while, friend bought a Continental GT recently which I test rode and liked it but prefer the more upright riding position of the Interceptor .... bekow is copied from my post in the classic bikes section before we had this RE section up and running..... 👍

I ordered one yesterday, Baker Express colour scheme, it is (to me) the best looking bike in the range when you see them together. You can actually buy a new tank in any of the colour schemes for £300 so you could change later if you wanted.

I have my eye on a few of the RE accessories and probably a set of Scorpion cans as they really sound good on this bike and they are approved by RE as far as staying in warranty..... £5,899 with 3 years warranty and 3 years roadside assistance is a lot of bike for the money. I've not seen a single bad review on this bike and there is a ton of them on YouTube.

I am going to keep it unreg in my garage until March 1st so plenty of time to fiddle with what I'd like to do with it, maybe a rack and some engine bars and a fly screen.

It's an A2 compliant bike at 47hp out the box which is clever by RE, however fit a free flow air filter by DNA and remove the restriction cover plate on the intake and de-cat with scorpion cans and it's a good bit above A2 .... so a good choice for the owner if they wish to do this.

Those scorpion cans are magnificent on the Interceptor.

Loads of YT vids which I followed very closely when I thought about getting one, one guy in particular Stuart Fillingham is him name. He voices over all his vids and has quite an interesting tone if that makes sense but go back over his stuff, he's very anal about cleaning etc.

btw, it was Baker Express I was going to get, liek you I thought it was the best looking of them all and I've also not seen a bad review.

Enjoy :thumb

Loads of YT vids which I followed very closely when I thought about getting one, one guy in particular Stuart Fillingham is him name. He voices over all his vids and has quite an interesting tone if that makes sense but go back over his stuff, he's very anal about cleaning etc.

btw, it was Baker Express I was going to get, liek you I thought it was the best looking of them all and I've also not seen a bad review.

Yeah, loads on YT, Stuart has about 50 of his own on the Interceptor, pretty good is Stuart.... if a wee bit dry I thought he might be on here as he mentions he used to ride big adventure bikes and was a cop, and there a few on here that fit that bill

TEC bike parts have a good few as well, they have a tricked up Interceptor in red and black which looks nice and have some 'how to' vids

I didn't fancy any of the accessories, not even the wee fly screen, I like it as it comes without the need to tart up, other than the fruity scorpions obviously :green gri

I enjoyed the relatively short ride I had on one.

2a6daa2ac47f10dba4fc47cc39e3d8c0.jpg

Stuart fillingham is one of my favourite U tubers; calm measured approach and full of informations; as you no doubt know; he covers the whole retro scene; including posh fountain pens and watches; plus all kinds of leather ; canvas; and brass farkles. There's a thread about how to be cool on here; i would say mr fillingham could show the way in that regard. :okay

There is a company called TEC who do loads of after market stuff for the Interceptor with videos on how to fit them. There is also an aftermarket camshaft available if you want to get that little bit extra out of the engine.

Looks like an addition to the Interceptor range (or maybe I missed it)

Royal Enfield Interceptor INT 650 Twin Sports Edition Overview

The Royal Enfield Interceptor marks the return of one of Royal Enfield's most loved classic motorcycles. Hailing from a time when all that mattered was that the California sun was out and the surf was up, the new Interceptor retains every bit of charm that made it a legend. The Interceptor 650 Sports Edition is a spec-up bike loaded with genuine accessories. The SE comes as standard with Touring Seat, Tall Tinted Fly Screen, Scorpion Exhaust System, Touring Mirror Kit, Engine Guards, Handle Brace Pad and Bar End Finisher Kit. The Sports Edition is excellent value for money and offers a large saving over buying all the items individually. Available in three colour options - Silver Spectre, Orange Crush, Black

£6,299 + OTR (which is £200 I think)

My Baker Express was £5,899 and a set of Scorpion stainless steel cans alone is £550 so that is a damn good price with all the additions.

https://www.royalenfield.co.uk/new-...d-interceptor-int-650-twin-sports-edition-704

Those vids make it look cool as cucumber, just a pity we don't live in a warm country like that.

Think if I had the space i'd have one, sadly I don't.

There is a company called TEC who do loads of after market stuff for the Interceptor with videos on how to fit them. There is also an aftermarket camshaft available if you want to get that little bit extra out of the engine.

Mike, S&S does a 865cc big bore kit too....

I'm suprised this section's available on
anything other than dial up ;)

I'm suprised this section's available on
anything other than dial up ;)

Tim by looking at this section you are enlisted in Paul BHT’ premium phone call charges. How else does he afford the Yacht! Merry Christmas

Interceptor was due for delivery to me around end January, this new effective lockdown which will probably extend well into February so not sure what will be the plan just now..... however, not going to register it till 1st March so no issues really as it would be just in my garage getting tinkered with
b80ebc940e68e31cd7c4efd557893cba.jpg
41118470e08cf864ba064dacb77ed971.jpg

Interceptor was due for delivery to me around end January, this new effective lockdown which will probably extend well into February so not sure what will be the plan just now..... however, not going to register it till 1st March so no issues really as it would be just in my garage getting tinkered with
b80ebc940e68e31cd7c4efd557893cba.jpg
41118470e08cf864ba064dacb77ed971.jpg
Martin's shop ?

Back
Top Bottom