Cast or billet wheels for a Softail??

Finally finished the Heritage swap the spoked wheels for black cast wheels from a Sportster 48 project. A bit of fettling was required as both front and rear hubs are different size to oem. (depth)

Therefore I had to get some pulley/hub spacers from ARH and Hogparts ( and trial and error to get the drive belt to run true. And axle spacers made, and although a lot of the Harley one's are alloy, I had some milled from stainless steel in the end. I made one or 2 fuck ups, (one of which could have been incredibly dangerous if I hadn't clocked it:eek:), but got there in the end.

Then took it for a test ride (very slowly to start with....also brand new Michelins).

Lo IQ of this very forum cerakoated the V&H Eliminator exhausts (as V&H don't do them in black) for me and made a great job...thank you:thumb

The short front mudguard came from Rick's Harley in Germany (with some exhorbitant import fees/duty which increased the bloody thing by over 30%:mad:)
I painted it in Harley black base coat, Harley Vivid black top coat , then clearcoat. In hindsite I would wait to do this (and I may strip it back and re do it) in the summer as due to the temp being so low I probably didn't give it enough curing time between coats....it's ok, but a professional wouldn't be happy with it.:blast

Attachments

• FLHCS1.jpg
    FLHCS1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 75
  • FLHCS4.jpg
    FLHCS4.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 78
looks great now Si, I had a puncture last week in My heritage, kin Nightmare !!! so Looking at swapping wheels, Might be filling your inbox with messages soon !

I ordered a new 2021 Fatboy in Dec, that comes this week, so will use that for now !

looks great now Si, I had a puncture last week in My heritage, kin Nightmare !!! so Looking at swapping wheels, Might be filling your inbox with messages soon !

I ordered a new 2021 Fatboy in Dec, that comes this week, so will use that for now !

Feel free! Happy new bike!:thumb2

Looks good that Si.:thumb2

Looks good that Si.:thumb2

Cheers Chris:thumb
I enjoyed it tbh, it had it's challenges and I tend to get a little obsessive about the detail, but worth it I think.

Now to start fettling Doris's RK!! :green gri ;) :D

Now to start fettling Doris's RK!! :green gri ;) :D

You must not speak of it as such! It’s now Big Si’s RK, and remember The Tall One has declared March a “Fabulous Farkle Fun” time so you can fill yer boots :D

You must not speak of it as such! It’s now Big Si’s RK, and remember The Tall One has declared March a “Fabulous Farkle Fun” time so you can fill yer boots :D

OK, I'll tell him you said it was ok!:green gri :D

That looks much better. Very nice.

If it's ok I'll potter up for a better look when lockdown allows.

Up in smoke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLIwtpwwdME

that's what you call a hot motor.

Brings a whole new meaning to the name 'Livewire'. Hopefully H-D stood by the warranty? The youtube vlogger, 'BlockHead' had a similar instance preceded by his test bike not accepting a charge. Still relatively early days for this technology I suppose. (in H-D's case anyway).

Brings a whole new meaning to the name 'Livewire'. Hopefully H-D stood by the warranty? The youtube vlogger, 'BlockHead' had a similar instance preceded by his test bike not accepting a charge. Still relatively early days for this technology I suppose. (in H-D's case anyway).

Water on an electrical fire......... WTF......

Back
Top Bottom