Zumo 660 BT problems with Scala

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My current sat nav is a Zumo 660 which I’ve had for a few years now. It used to work really well when it was hard wired into an Autocom system. But I’ve gone to Scala Rider now and both me and Our Lass use Ultimate Ears in ear monitors. The problems I’m now having with the 660 are that if I only use it for directions it is fairly reliable but way too loud. I cannot dial out the volume either on the Scala BT units or the sat nav. But if I play music from it, it seems to lose it’s ability to give route directions.

So my question is......have I just got a sat nav that came on the market when other things were changing, and it hasn’t kept up/can’t cope ?

And would a 346 be better able to integrate with the Scala kit and still perform all of it’s functions ?

I've had a 660 for a few years and also had it hard wired to an Autocom when I was training and with a Scala G9 when I was on my own, I didn't have any issues with volume though, I could balance the difference between music and voice instructions on the 660 and control overall volume on the BT headset.

I've now moved to a Sena SRL in my Neotec and its not working so well but that's a different story.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

shouldnt be an issue are you sure you have it paired correctly, and do you have the volume master adjusted correctly.

shouldnt be an issue are you sure you have it paired correctly, and do you have the volume master adjusted correctly.

Yes, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to adjust master volumes, Nav Volume, Media Volume and Scala volume. I can get one to work on it’s own, but as soon as another function chimes in, it all goes to pot.

I used to have a Nav5 connected to a Scala Rider G9. As far as I remember, besides setting the master volumes on the Nav 5 you could alter the volumes on the G9 by using the volume button on it. When on any function, i.e. hearing music, adjust the volume for that and it would. Then listen to directions and adjust the volume for that and the same for the intercom. All these individual volumes would be remembered.

That's the impression I got with my setup as I also used in ear phones(Shure 215) and so needed the volumes way down compared to the useless helmet speakers.

My current sat nav is a Zumo 660 which I’ve had for a few years now. It used to work really well when it was hard wired into an Autocom system. But I’ve gone to Scala Rider now and both me and Our Lass use Ultimate Ears in ear monitors. The problems I’m now having with the 660 are that if I only use it for directions it is fairly reliable but way too loud. I cannot dial out the volume either on the Scala BT units or the sat nav. But if I play music from it, it seems to lose it’s ability to give route directions.

So my question is......have I just got a sat nav that came on the market when other things were changing, and it hasn’t kept up/can’t cope ?

And would a 346 be better able to integrate with the Scala kit and still perform all of it’s functions ?

One of these in-line volume controls between the rider and the monitors will help with the volume. Talk to Garmin about the route directions and music combo as they are as helpful as possible, but don't expect too much on an old unit. If you want to upgrade, then definitely ask for a trade-in value.

The other problem maybe the way you have it paired or what you have it paired as, try swaping it around, and apart from the mixer volume settings, i would be looking at the scala forums and asking the same questions there.

Back
Top Bottom