What tyre (tire) pump is best, mate?

Wapping

Reaction score
Is a question we hear pretty often on this forum.

This article may go some way to answering that question:

https://www.madornomad.com/rocky-creek-motorcycle-tyre-pump-review/

More importantly perhaps, you can make your own and cheaper. Go to any motor factors’ shop or even Halfords and buy the cheapest electric pump for tyres you can find. This will probably come in some bloody big plastic case but don’t worry. Take the lot home and carefully (or just whack it with a lump hammer) remove the case. Inside you will find the same generic compressor that you find here. Bingo! One very cheap tyre pump.

If you want to, shorten the power cable but leave yourself a bit of slack. Why? One time you may need to pump your mate’s tyres up; if you have a bit of slack, it will save you wheeling their or your bike around for ten minutes finding a position that enables you to get pumping. If you want to, ditch the power source (which is likely to be a car cigarette lighter type) using a suitably fused (7 amp should do it) flying lead from the bike’s battery. Put the whole lot in to a suitable bag, Tupperware box or just lob it into a pannier if you are lazy.

There you go, one tyre pump that you have (in self-reliant rugged bikermate style) made yourself. Job done.

I've done just that with a £4.99 unit from B&M the only other thing that I would say is worth doing is properly solder on the wires to the motor, this thing is going to get really hot and the wires will often unsolder themselves.

I've used mine a couple of times and it works a treat.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Is a question we hear pretty often on this forum.

This article may go some way to answering that question:

https://www.madornomad.com/rocky-creek-motorcycle-tyre-pump-review/

More importantly perhaps, you can make your own and cheaper. Go to any motor factors’ shop or even Halfords and buy the cheapest electric pump for tyres you can find. This will probably come in some bloody big plastic case but don’t worry. Take the lot home and carefully (or just whack it with a lump hammer) remove the case. Inside you will find the same generic compressor that you find here. Bingo! One very cheap tyre pump.

If you want to, shorten the power cable but leave yourself a bit of slack. Why? One time you may need to pump your mate’s tyres up; if you have a bit of slack, it will save you wheeling their or your bike around for ten minutes finding a position that enables you to get pumping. If you want to, ditch the power source (which is likely to be a car cigarette lighter type) using a suitably fused (7 amp should do it) flying lead from the bike’s battery. Put the whole lot in to a suitable bag, Tupperware box or just lob it into a pannier if you are lazy.

There you go, one tyre pump that you have (in self-reliant rugged bikermate style) made yourself. Job done.

I’ve just whacked mine with a lump hammer as directed and it’s now fucked.

You owe me 4.99 I recon for that poor advice

Back
Top Bottom