Camp bed

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. Currently using a sea to summit mat but also thinking of getting a camp bed to go with it. What do you lads use please Helinox ? What model should I be looking at ?
Cheers Chris

I found the camp beds cold unless you use a mat on top then it of course increases the pack size. Tried loads of different ones but went back to the Exped Down mat which is the warmest and most comfortable I have found. The 9dlx is thick but packs small and very different to the S to S mat which I had although alot do like the Helinox

I intend to use my mat on top of a camp bed. The sea to Summit is the best mat i have ever used. Expensive but worth it.

If your tent is big enough I thoroughly recommend getting the extended legs for the Helinox. Not cheap, but so much more practical and bed doubles up as a bench. I use a cheap foam camping pad as a topper that I’ve fixed straps to to stop it sliding around.

If your tent is big enough I thoroughly recommend getting the extended legs for the Helinox. Not cheap, but so much more practical and bed doubles up as a bench. I use a cheap foam camping pad as a topper that I’ve fixed straps to to stop it sliding around.

Ok thanks. I use a Khyam biker tent

Tried all different sleep systems Doc, my conclusion is a 9xl exped with a 750loft down sleeping bag, it a joy to sleep in.

You’re more than welcome to try mine , sleep in your garage or shed floor for a night, just the exped mind not the sleeping bag!

You’re more than welcome to try mine , sleep in your garage or shed floor for a night, just the exped mind not the sleeping bag!

Thanks for the offer. I have a decent mat Sea to summit and a mountain equipment down bag but am looking for a camp bed to use as well for extra comfort.

Thanks for the offer. I have a decent mat Sea to summit and a mountain equipment down bag but am looking for a camp bed to use as well for extra comfort.

Get yourself a cheap chinkynox; with your sea to summit on top; then if your not happy you've not lost a lot; I just use my old German army folding mat with the thermarest on top; it's not let me down yet.:beerjug:

Get yourself a cheap chinkynox; with your sea to summit on top; then if your not happy you've not lost a lot; I just use my old German army folding mat with the thermarest on top; it's not let me down yet.:beerjug:

I will take a look. Where did you purchase?Thanks

so long as your not a porker like me the cheap china nockoff of the camp beds are great, my wife has been using one for about 3 years and it seems to stand up to the use and only about £25 off fleabay

Something like this one ?

Attachments

• 20201224_040633.jpg
    20201224_040633.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 758
Shit Doc,your sleep pattern is really screwed, sending this at 4am!

yep pretty much thats the kind of thing, I cant remember if ebay or wish or what ever

The camp bed just looks like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist to me.
The Exped Megamat is the best nights sleep I ever get. Just don't over inflate it and it's bliss.

The camp bed just looks like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist to me.
The Exped Megamat is the best nights sleep I ever get. Just don't over inflate it and it's bliss.

Wow, they look like the sort of sleeping mat / bed I’ve been looking for. It appears to be a big pack size though. Too big for a long Iceland type trip?

Wow, they look like the sort of sleeping mat / bed I’ve been looking for. It appears to be a big pack size though. Too big for a long Iceland type trip?

If its anything like my sea to summit they are quite long. I can measure and take a pic of mine if that helps.

The width is the packed length.
Just measured mine at 70cm x 20cm - This is packed as loosely as possible while not in use.
Mine is the 7.5cm, so the 10cm would add more bulk.
Fits in a Hilleberg Akto with no problem, and has seen plenty of frosty ground in it's time - It just works for me!

Trouble with a camp bed is it's just something else to shuffle onto, off or around in a tent. I'm tall, and the height of a bed just reduces the length of the tent due to the sloping back.

Back
Top Bottom