Accessory socket and can bus for gps

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I located this underneath the right indicator and I understand it to be a canvas accessory socket. Forgive the poor shot, it is the black and white thing to the left of the picture.
c5009d46efb61c972c1ac47b51b2c376.jpg

It does not appear to match with the canbus connector on my GPS a Bmw navigator street.
2baa898d6e95e22557a9aa74fc1836ca.jpg

Am I barking up the wrong Christmas tree? Thanks

The BMW service manual shows the connector tucked in the panel behind the RH indicator

You just remove the dust cover and you plug in the NAV unit connector

The black plug you have shown looks to be the correct one and should have 3 pins

I think I may have a connector (off a 1200GS, which looks the same as the photo) wired into a Garmin mount but I can't remember which model Garmin.

Will dig out later and let you know.

Oops! have re-read thread. I thought you were looking for one. - too much Christmas spirit :beer: :blast

IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg
Thanks for the replies. The configuration on my seems different to the owners manual shown above. The socket with the long pointy thing is the socket with dust cover on. The other photo shows the socket with dust cover off. I can not seem to move the wire or white plug through the residual socket casing.? When I place it again my GPS plug, they both appear to be “ female “ units. Maybe BMw have unhelpfully changed the set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The socket with the long pointy thing is the socket with dust cover on"

That is your outside temperature sensor and not the SATNAV power socket so it won't fit

The SATNAV socket sits above the plastic fork protection cover - behind the RHS indicator fairing panel

You appear to be looking for it in the wrong location

"The socket with the long pointy thing is the socket with dust cover on"

That is your outside temperature sensor and not the SATNAV power socket so it won't fit

The SATNAV socket sits above the plastic fork protection cover - behind the RHS indicator fairing panel

You appear to be looking for it in the wrong location

Thanks very much for that. I was perplexed. My search continues!

Back
Top Bottom