Not a bad jaunt into Switzerland, via Lichtenstein....

Wapping

Reaction score
Starting and ending from or near the popular town of Lindau, though you can of course start or end just about anywhere you like, even your own front door.

It’s a commercial trip, suggested over six to eight days. It would be easy to recreate it all, as the organisers have given away all the details. This will save you being ripped-off, the only downside being that you have to do a tiny bit of work for yourself and employ a bit of imagination. Here goes:

67181decd894d09cc92a53b2267b99c9.png

Just zoom in on the map to find the specific roads and ‘read’ the words in foreign. It’s easy enough once you sus out (I’m hoping that I have got the bikerspeak lingo right) that:

Tag 2: Fahrt ins Goms, ca. 330 km

Means, start the day with a fart in Goms, of about 330 km.

About 330 kms is about 206 miles in Christian units.

b0c3be9b800d2624b294090ad16bc4d7.png

1ba88f70ee9676f16dffb64a95d75109.png

Armed with your new understanding of foreign, amaze your six bikermates and yourself, by knowing that what the foreign says is:

a72e0aafd056a1613e04565a55170c79.png

Though you’d have to be pretty thick or frightened of anything that is not spelled out in intimate detail, not to have worked out that the third (3) day (tag) takes you over the ‘must do’ Furka and Grimsel passes, before apparently a waiter grabs your genitals.....

Hopefully, this post gives anyone the confidence to just surf about and borrow ideas from all sorts of places. It’s the same as planning it yourself but without UKGSer to do it all for you. Have fun, it’s free.

This will save you being ripped-off, the only downside being that you have to do a tiny bit of work for yourself and employ a bit of imagination.

Some good words there, it’s what I’ve done for years, buy a map and use some imagination...

I must’ve done a small part of the route last year on my way home. Aiming for Mount Santis, I consequently arrived a tad to late to take the ascent via cable car.

58aed69ca2c2ccab74e0cf053e6e5074.jpg

cb4ef7dd245edff7249354cabfb0c5ef.jpg

This will save you being ripped-off, the only downside being that you have to do a tiny bit of work for yourself and employ a bit of imagination.

Some good words there, it’s what I’ve done for years, buy a map and use some imagination...

Great, mate. You can start to share your experiences here, when people demand, “Tell me great roads, no motorways” from their house to the Alps, usually at very short notice as they and their six mates go on Wednesday and it’s already Tuesday afternoon. The bloke asking is usually the bod who’s been foolish enough to tell his mates he’ll, ‘“Get it sorted, no worries”. :D

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom