WR250f

smirky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought one the other month, light as a feather, shite tyres Maxis, so done the grey wire mod which switches it to YZ power i.e. more revs, about to fit a S and D rejetting kit in the nect few days.

They do look good: https://bikereview.com.au/review-2020-yamaha-wr250f-enduro-beast/

What does the grey wire mod do that you cannot do via the Wifi and smartphone mapping

You don't need to do it on the newer reversed engine ones as the tuner does it for you
Bluetooth on your phone (like Specialized mission control for your ebike) on 2020/21 bikes too
Grey wire mod was for earlier pre 2015 and carbed bikes
I had one of the new ones with the tuner app and it's fab dirt tool

e649a003c7872fa114c8fad1442c3001.jpg

c3d9e308b5efcf9a05b98ce4cd3a63c5.jpg

Was this included in the deal or did you have to purchase one separately.

aluminium-foldable-step-ladder-5-tread.jpg

Ha
They're tall
I think seat height is 38" on the newer WR250F
Naw bother for me though
My T700 at 34" seat is miniature by comparison

Mine a 2003 model, looking forward to having some fun on it.....
3db01de028f54601c10e6005560dbb36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 new bikes?

It's not true what they say about you at all :p

Enjoy :)

Great bikes, had one a few years back for greenlanig and enduros. There were a couple of other mods for carbed models too, from memory it was pulling out a small pipe from the end of the exhaust (some kind of mini baffle?), and the throttle stop on the carb.

Can you get deals on them

I am sure there are deals to be had, I think there are about 12-14 offroad Yamaha dealers in UK

WR250F - Make sure they are willing (and capable) to fit a road legal kit onto them - Pro Racing do a full kit for them

Out of the crate, they don't come road legal (no horn or brake switches etc) but people still register them

Newer 250, has the power of a 350 it appears and has plenty of go - plus some of the best standard KYB SSS suspension on any enduro, currently available

Mine was a nice bike to ride

Back
Top Bottom