Bushbox, Firebox or Chinese

Davey Bee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m on the road to one of these, just not sure which way I should throw my money.

Chinese .... delivered by Deliveroo!

Thanks that very helpful, but we have number one clown running the country, not much need for another. We’ll call you if we want you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've just had the 5" Firebox for Christmas.

It's versatile. You can use it with the meths or gas Trangia burners, sticks, larger pieces of wood in a Swedish torch configuration. You can also use charcoal briquettes to give you an hour long burn. Check out the Firebox Stove channel on YouTube. You'll see how well it has been designed for airflow, but also for cooking with different pots and pans, to baking bread items in the Zebra Billy pots etc. It really is a comprehensive bit of kit.

It is a touch heavy if you're thinking of walking far with it, however, I'd get the Firebox Nano for that, smaller, lighter and still quite versatile.

The Firebox stuff is really top quality steel, although you could consider getting the Titanium version to save weight. Can't wait to get out and use mine!!!

Thanks, I’m sold on the idea, I’m fact it’s a no brainier for sub-Saharan African travel. I think what ever make I go for will be titanium. Just not sure which horse to put my money.

I went for the Bushbox XL Titanium which although sized as an XL is a perfect size and easy to pack. The advantage is it doesnt need to be fed all the time and kicks out a fair amount of heat so good to keep warm and cook on with the trivets in place. Outlay is quite high but the hinges dont clog and its quality including the pouch which all fits in. Ive used mine may times and feel it was money well spent . You can get 5% off if you subscribe to the newsletter at Wildbounds plus if find it anywhere cheaper they can match it and you normally offer the extra 5% on top if you are lucky.

Worth also looking at the Emberlit. They do a Ti version. I have a couple - work very well and super light

I’m ready to push the button on the Bush box titanium, but can I find any in stock?

I nearly bought a firebox recently, mentioned it in passing to my son who pointedly asked "How many stoves do you need? You've got at least 4 and don't use all of them." I resisted the purchase on the basis he was right - but only just.

A firebox is tempting because they pack down so small but the would it ever replace a Trangia used with a gas burner? Not for me it wouldn’t and I’ve got a Kelly Kettle for when I want to pretend I’m a prepper.

I’ll probably buy one for when I’m away on my 501 and space is at a premium but I’m not convinced it’d see much use.

I've used my Firebox for the first time and was really impressed.

Andy, the thing I like about it is that you can use what fuel you have available. If there is free fuel, wood etc, like you'd use with the KK then use that, otherwise you can use your Trangia gas or meths burner in the Firebox. I have the Trangia multi fuel burner which then adds petrol to the list of possible fuels. Makes the Firebox really versatile.

If I was carrying it on my back, then I'd stick with the Trangia, but if not, I'm taking my Firebox from now on.

Have a look at the Firebox Stove channel on YouTube. Loads of different ideas on fuelling and cooking.

Well Firebox or Bushbox titanium are winning, I have a little birthday money (at 64 it’s called pension) that is burning a hole in my pocket, but neither seem to be available at the moment. Still with temperature at -4c and lockdown, I’m not likely to need one for a little while.

Well Firebox or Bushbox titanium are winning, I have a little birthday money (at 64 it’s called pension) that is burning a hole in my pocket, but neither seem to be available at the moment. Still with temperature at -4c and lockdown, I’m not likely to need one for a little while.

If you go for the ti one get the xl as it's not that big but plenty and you wont be reloading it all the time

If you go for the ti one get the xl as it's not that big but plenty and you wont be reloading it all the time

That’s something I hadn’t considered, thanks. Love to hear from people that are using them

Back
Top Bottom