Lone Rider luggage

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, just thought I’d drop a quick review of the Lone Rider Overlander 48 luggage that I received recently.

The bag is really nice quality, thick material and looks to be something that will last for many a journey.

it comes with an inner strengthener that allows it to maintain its shape better than other roll top bags and also has a beaver tail that straps along the top of the bag which has 2 sides, one for documents and one with a molle type system, it will also take a water hydration badder. My only criticism is that the molle system on the beaver tail is the wrong way for when the bag is mounted on the bike, but you can use the bag as a large rucksack and in that orientation the molle system is correct. I’d prefer some more molle around the side of the bag, but it’s a small criticism. The rucksack straps are well padded and look sturdy enough to cope, there are 2 fixed metal loops on the bag to ensure a good mounting point.

There are lots of straps included and they are all good quality and include a neat little Velcro strap at the end to tidy up those loose straps.

There is a steel core strap loop on the main bag which is metal and should stop the quick opportunist thief.

The bag is a top loading system and has fold lines built in to the roll top to help with rolling (it’s a thick material so these are quite welcome).

Overall I am very impressed with the quality of the bag and it’s an understated design for those of us who do not want to shout about our luggage.

it’s a design that sits as well on a Harley as an adventure bike.

At £220 ish it’s certainly not cheap, but then good luggage rarely is.

if you are in the market for soft luggage I’d definitely consider Lone Rider, delivery was on the slow side, but they communicated well and were a pleasure to deal with :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom