You thought you had everything...

Fluffy Bridges

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been persuaded to post this so here goes...
Years ago I bought a most excellent HiD kit from Mr Wassell and converted all the lights on my '07 GSA. Very occasionally one of the Aux lights doesn't fire up. No biggie, switch off then switch on, all good. However its not easy to tell if they are on in daylight or not so I made a pair of tell tales.

You will need:-
Two small pieces of scrap 2.5mm ally sheet or similar, (scrap bin at work). £0.00
12 x small zip ties. £1.00+/-.
1mtr x 4,5mm fibreoptic cable. £5.00+/- Ebay.
Black satin paint, £0.00 (almost empty can from work)

Make a cardboard template to suit your preference. Use it to cut out two handed ally plates. Drill equidistant holes to suit zip ties. Paint them. Mount plates using existing light fixings. Zip tie fibre cable as shown. You might have to warm the cable to get the lens end to curl round for a snug fit. Fire up the lights and Hey Gusto!, (as a certain museum owner in New Milton might say) tell tales!

Yeah, I know. A Hexhead with muddy tyres. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• Aux tell tale.jpg
    Aux tell tale.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 520
Nice idea.......
Or as above but
Make a cardboard template to suit your preference. Use it to cut out two handed ally plates. Bend the last few mm of the plate in front of the light through 90 degrees. Mount plates using existing light fixings. Fire up the lights, see the light reflected off the bent end of the plate in front of the light and Hey Gusto!, (as a certain museum owner in New Milton might say) tell tales!
Haven't tried it of course, it's just a thought

Nice idea.......
Or as above but
Make a cardboard template to suit your preference. Use it to cut out two handed ally plates. Bend the last few mm of the plate in front of the light through 90 degrees. Mount plates using existing light fixings. Fire up the lights, see the light reflected off the bent end of the plate in front of the light and Hey Gusto!, (as a certain museum owner in New Milton might say) tell tales!
Haven't tried it of course, it's just a thought

Possibilities are endless...
Originally I wanted to make them out of thick Perspex but didnt have any. Would have lit up like a Lalique wossname. Like the P6 Rover had on top of the sidelights.

Back
Top Bottom