ICELAND JULY 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaps.

I've created a WhatsApp group :Duchess to update you all as and when I have more definite info regarding the feasibility of this years trips from both Covid and Brexit perspectives as both are unclear at this time as we know.

If you're not part of this group yet can you please make sure I have your mobile number so I add you :beerjug:

I've put my name in the hat for the big bike trip this year. Let's see how we get on.
Great time last year.

Kicking off in Iceland now!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1616326622225.jpg
    FB_IMG_1616326622225.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 394
There is space on trip 2 for any size bike should anyone wish to actually ride their bikes :)

Trip 1 is full but still room for big bikes on the second trip :beerjug:

20180724_124038-01-X2.jpg

20180724_150357-01-X2.jpg

20180729_184533-01-X2.jpg

20180729_130939-01-XL.jpg

20180723_095421-01-X2.jpg

P1030789-X2.jpg

Ok, I know it’s a bit of a personal choice but here goes....... :D
Which tyres would you recommend for an 1150 GS for a big bike Iceland trip. :nenau They would ONLY be for this trip cos the road tyres would be going straight back on on return.

Brand new ie. not part worn :D
TKC80s for you. :)

Ta. I’ll get some in preparation for next year! I like being organised. :D
Tubed or tubeless ( which ever is possible and / or best ). :D

Ta. I’ll get some in preparation for next year! I like being organised. :D
Tubed or tubeless ( which ever is possible and / or best ). :D

I'm sure you know ....the GS is tubeless.
The best preparation you can do is ride your bike :)

I'm sure you know ....the GS is tubeless.
The best preparation you can do is ride your bike :)

I’m also guessing the shorter first gear would be of benefit as opposed to the “ normal “ one? :nenau

Heidenau, kenda, mitas etc.?all decent for hard use and longevity, reasonably priced.. as long as you dont want to get your knee down(unintentionaly)....

I’m also guessing the shorter first gear would be of benefit as opposed to the “ normal “ one? :nenau

Yes you're right.
Most other bikes can compensate by slipping the clutch when needed, obviously not a good thing with a dry clutch.
Not such a big deal as long as you're not slipping the clutch with a fistful of revs.
I think some have fitted the old 850GS final drive.

Yes you're right.
Most other bikes can compensate by slipping the clutch when needed, obviously not a good thing with a dry clutch.
Not such a big deal as long as you're not slipping the clutch with a fistful of revs.
I think some have fitted the old 850GS final drive.

I have an 850GS final drive sitting in my garage 37/11, if anyone is interested. Had it on the R1150GS when I went to Iceland and it was great.

I have an 850GS final drive sitting in my garage 37/11, if anyone is interested. Had it on the R1150GS when I went to Iceland and it was great.

How much you looking for it? Am I right in thinking I wouldn’t need to change any gears in the gearbox if I fitted one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom