ICELAND JULY 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've held back on running any trips to Iceland this year for several reasons......including the big obvious one but I've had quite a few folk asking about it so let's try and make it happen again!! :beerjug:

The obvious main restriction will of course be that bastard Covid, hopefully by July the situation may favour us but it's my guess if you want to travel anywhere then the vaccine will be key.
I'm pointing out the obvious now in case you want to go but are 'anti vaccine', in which case you would be wasting both mine and your time by putting your name forward. Hope that's clear for now :)

So, similar format with two trips although some changes to routes from previous years.

Trip 1.
2 weeks, provisionally from 9th July. 'Generally' smaller bikes ie. single cylinder but if you really can ride a twin cylinder bike offroad then we can talk:thumb

Trip 2. 10 days, provisionally from 23rd ish July. Any size bike will be welcome including those who wish to bring a hardy pillion.

Both trips are real ones:D ie. camping and carrying your own kit (ffs keep it light!!!!) including some wild camps plus one nights accommodation in Reykjavik required. Flights are generally very cheap.

As always these Iceland trips are not a race to cover as many miles as possible but more like some fun with your bike in a spectacular part of the world and at your own pace, ie. David Knight Dakar wannabees aren't welcome. This is a country to explore, enjoy and respect:okay

Additionally, if you simply want to do your own thing in Iceland then I'll be able to ship your bike along with ours in the containers.

Ok so I've kept this brief and will link this post to all who've already shown an interest.

Please PM me if you fancy it or for more details and I'm always more than happy to chat on the phone to answer any questions :beerjug:

Just a few photos to wet your appetite.

DSCF2581-2-XL.jpg

DSCF2837-X2.jpg

DSCF2993-XL.jpg

DSCF2478-XL.jpg

20200805_171855-01-X2.jpg

20180721_171847-01-X2.jpg

20180723_095421-01-X2.jpg

20180723_120723-01-X2.jpg

20180723_190556-01-X2.jpg

20180724_124204-01-X2.jpg

20180724_150357-01-X2.jpg

20180729_184533-01-X2.jpg

And there's so many more if you look through the ride reports in the Motorcycle trips section
https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/626-Motorcycle-Trips

I’m in there like swimwear.
First trip please.
I have raced my bike to Dakar, am I still ok to come???

I’m in there like swimwear.
First trip please.
I have raced my bike to Dakar, am I still ok to come???

Of course, and I'd advise anyone else to wear quite robust swimwear if sharing a hot pool with you :D

Oh go on then :beerjug:

First trip please and just hope the big Irish fecker and the watch collector sign up too! ;)

I would just like to say ..... "Stunning Photos" !!!!:thumb2:thumb2

Interested in trip 1 if you'll have me back? Promise to bring spare levers and tent pegs and a revised luggage system :hide

A true adventure, would love to go but it is beyond my scope f skill and abilities I am afraid. I hope it comes off for you Tim and all that go have a fantastic time.

Stopping got more "interesting" as the tie wraps stretched :rob

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpeg
    IMG_1151.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 981
But I managed the trip thanks to a 2nd to none engineering team:

Attachments

• IMG_8484.jpeg
    IMG_8484.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 979
ive a quick question please.

Whats the rough cost for one of these trips?

Never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Dosn't have to be to the last £ just a ballpark figure

ive a quick question please.

Whats the rough cost for one of these trips?

Never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Dosn't have to be to the last £ just a ballpark figure

Ten day trip last year, I would estimate around the £2.000 to £2.250 mark, that's shipping, van hire to take bike to Hull and pick up again. flights, hotel last night, fuel and food etc. Tyres etc on Top of that. It may have been less but tbh I wasn't counting.

Oh go on then :beerjug:

First trip please and just hope the big Irish fecker and the watch collector sign up too! ;)

Your names down mate....just leave telling your wife up to you :D

Tim
I’d certainly be interested in Trip one if not too old?
No longer have TTR, now ex Doyle, Mikeyboy modified, Terra 650.

Never too old mate, your names down :beerjug:

Interested in trip 1 if you'll have me back? Promise to bring spare levers and tent pegs and a revised luggage system :hide

Ha of course Andy, your names down :okay

A true adventure, would love to go but it is beyond my scope f skill and abilities I am afraid. I hope it comes off for you Tim and all that go have a fantastic time.

Thanks Mike, Trip 2 isn't generally difficult at all and anyone thinking of joining with a big bike or few offroad skills as they're called these days ;) , it need not cause concern for this trip.

That was the approximate price of a pint in Reykjavik. :friday

Average £7 a pint downtown Reykjavik but if you come here for cheap booze that's your lookout :blast and why it's normal to find space in your panniers for a tipple :jager Supermarket beer is very cheap but weak.

Would have loved to head back to Iceland with you Tim, but Covid has reduced my income by about 90% since March last year, so I'm basically skint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom