More info on routes in Alps & Dolomites

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Don’t think this has been posted before - https://www.kurveneldorado.com/motorradtouren-in-den-alpen
Covering routes in Austria, Switzerland, Italy & Germany

It’s got some good suggestions for routes in the area ranging from 200km to over 1200km. And surely it’s possible to ‘stitch’ some bits of the shorter ones together to form an ‘adventure’

I know the text is in ‘foreign’ as Wapping calls it but the pictures & maps are in English :D

If you click around you’ll find PDF’s as well as Garmin & TomTom downloads, hotel information & even weather information

Just as a teaser here’s their multi day Alps & Dolomites combination :

Attachments

• Alps Route 1k.jpg
    Alps Route 1k.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 301
More info on routes in Alps & Dolomites

Good one, thank you.

The advice to bods to stitch things together is, as always, a good one, too. The use of imagination is severely underrated.

The free GPX files download really well. Here is one of them using nothing more than an iPad and Pocket Earth Pro. Someone using a smart phone as a GPS device, could probably load them straight in. Bingo! One instant holiday for bods and as many mates as they can stomach.....

c51bdc888fce2be5fc042c2dbc7f4724.png

There is even a handy button to push to tell bods what the weather forecast is. That’ll save them looking out of the window.

There is even a handy button to push to tell bods what the weather forecast is. That’ll save them looking out of the window....

Or ask on here what it will be like on a certain day...

There used to be a cracking website called alpineroads.com. That seems to have bitten the dust. It's a shame, because it was full of cracking reports on virtually every pass in the Alps. There's a Facebook page called Alpine Roads but I can't tell if it's the same people behind it. I met a few of them on a trip once - some crazy Scandinavians!

There used to be a cracking website called alpineroads.com. That seems to have bitten the dust. It's a shame, because it was full of cracking reports on virtually every pass in the Alps. There's a Facebook page called Alpine Roads but I can't tell if it's the same people behind it. I met a few of them on a trip once - some crazy Scandinavians!

Is this the site you mean, it's in German but Google Translator works well on it? Shows all the main Passes and whether they are open etc. https://www.alpen-journal.de/alpenpaesse

Back
Top Bottom