Retro fitted heated grips 1150GS

AKSmail

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone retro fitted heated grips to an 1150GS? Looking for recommendations thinking of Oxford Hotgrips Advanced Adventure UK SPECIFIC (EL690UK) or Oxford Hotgrips Premium - Adventure (OF690). Any thoughts.
Thanks

Fitted a RG grips to my 1150GS and Rhynas F650GS.
On the 1150GS I had to run a blade along the ridges of the throttle on the bike so I could push the heated grip over it and on the left side I out a piece of electrical tape along the length to make the grip snug. Also on the throttle side I had to space the bear end weight out so the throttle was free to move, I ended up making a new bolt for that side as the original was nt long enough for my liking. I turned down a cap head bolt to a csk.
Grips heat up fine on both bikes

Followed Arsey's link for Oxford heated grips Adventure OF690...they were on offer last month. They were a bastard to fit, not only having to shave the throttle grip splines but actually having to carefully thin it down with abrasive paper. Also had to cut the max allowed off the outer ends to allow the bar ends to fit on. They're fine now but I wouldn't do it again with that model grip.

Thanks everyone for all the info. I think I will go for heated gloves or just get on with the cold. Managed for the past 40 odd years. :)
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom