Alternative helmet speakers.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Both the SENA and Cardo speakers give average sound quality but, I have read somewhere that these can be upgraded with speakers to give better bass and a wider noise frequency.
I listen to mostly FLAC more than MP3.

Where best to look what is available and has anybody done such upgrade for sound quality?

Patria o Muerte

I put tork helmet speakers onto my Sena 20s. It definitely improved the quality and also got a bit more volume, when wearing ear plugs.

Both the SENA and Cardo speakers give average sound quality but, I have read somewhere that these can be upgraded with speakers to give better bass and a wider noise frequency.
I listen to mostly FLAC more than MP3.

Where best to look what is available and has anybody done such upgrade for sound quality?

Patria o Muerte

Sena do bigger drivers 50mm i think, and Cardo have a tie up with JBL

For the Sena range it's only on the 30K & 50xx units you purchase the bigger units and they plug into the 3.5mm jack.

The firmware requires a flash to take it to the latest level

I put tork helmet speakers onto my Sena 20s. It definitely improved the quality and also got a bit more volume, when wearing ear plugs.

+1
I used these with an Autocom set up when one of the Autocom speakers failed, big improvement in both quality and volume.

I put a set of torx speakers in my Helmet with my Packtalk. But just recently upgraded to the JBL 45mm speakers, they are streets ahead of the Torx, but the Torx were better than the standard ones

Following my question for either make of intercom headsets, where the speaker wires enter the comms housing for example at the side of the helmet; are they soldered in place or is a jack pin used?

Patria o Muerte

Following my question for either make of intercom headsets, where the speaker wires enter the comms housing for example at the side of the helmet; are they soldered in place or is a jack pin used?

Patria o Muerte

I did mine better part of 4 years ago, so it's a bit vague, but I definitely recall a little bit of fiddly soldering. I think I de-soldered the wires off the sena speakers and soldered the wires on the the new ones.

Interesting to hear the comparison with JBL. Looking at the cost of the JBL I don't think I'll bother to upgrade now. I suspect after 4 years, I will have to replace/upgrade the sena20s at some point in the not too distance future..

I did the Tork upgrade on a Cardo packtalk set, were better..... but now have the JBL speakers which are streets ahead again
I had a warranty upgrade for the Packtalk to the Packtalk Bold which came with the JBL speakers
3.5mm jack plug

50s Speakers are fantastic. Bass and volume, for music and speech unparalleled.

Back
Top Bottom