Himalaya start India or Nepal?

bmweasyrider32

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi I am thinking of doing and adventure trip to the Himalayas in October not sure if i should start in Nepal or India flights are easier getting into India. my questions are,:bow 10 days or more? is it easy to rent good motorbikes or stick with a adventure company? best time to go? and which parts are the best to visit as in areas ? (the higher the better) if anybody has done this trip please could you cast some light thanks jimmy

hi I am thinking of doing and adventure trip to the Himalayas in October not sure if i should start in Nepal or India flights are easier getting into India. my questions are,:bow 10 days or more? is it easy to rent good motorbikes or stick with a adventure company? best time to go? and which parts are the best to visit as in areas ? (the higher the better) if anybody has done this trip please could you cast some light thanks jimmy

https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/

https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/west-and-south-asia/getting-ready-your-india-nepal-98622

If your flying to Nepal, its normally a stop in India & separate flight to Katmandu anyway.

Visited Nepal and India with my wife in 2019 for the first time and although not a biking trip we did hire a bike for a few days, once in Nepal and once in India.
Absolutely loved both countries and enjoyed our time on the bikes.
We did prefer Nepal from our experience and hope to return at some point.
One thing I took away from our bike trip in Nepal was the importance of the local 'guide' who accompanied us.
He helped with places to visit, where to eat and stay etc. which saved us a lot of time faffing around. Also we had a couple of break downs and without Rajan it would've been a major issue trying to sort. In the event we were back on our way very quickly.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm with Robbo1200ADV. I'd highly recommend Alex and Nomadic Knights, been with him a few times, once as a "team member". Great routes, bikes and backup. Alex and his team love what they do and it shows in their organization. If I manage to go again they'd be the only company I'd consider.

+1 for Alex and his Nomadic Knights team. He organises great rides and his team is excellent. Both his India or Nepal rides are great. And as important, generally the riders attending are also good people.

+1 for Alex and his Nomadic Knights team. He organises great rides and his team is excellent. Both his India or Nepal rides are great. And as important, generally the riders attending are also good people.

Sounds like a very reliable team for India and Nepal expedition!

Back
Top Bottom