2021 V85tt

Tubeless tyres are good :thumb

i'm surprised they haven't done some sort of special 100th Anniversary version ?

And here we have it :D

Has this been mentioned anywhere yet ?

ab9adb020c797207a9fa931cdc0aea79.jpg

:D.....

Not sure where yer legs are going though..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1611438637881.jpg
    FB_IMG_1611438637881.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 512
This milestone in motorbike history has an extremely elegant colour scheme in its purely racing essence, combining the satin-finished metal of the fuel tank with the green of the fairing and the leather on the seat. Colours that also characterised the 350 Bialbero, one of the most victorious bikes in history, the unbeatable dominator of the 350 class in World Championship GP Motorcycle Racing, with the amazing record of 9 consecutive world titles (5 Rider and 4 Manufacturer) from 1953 to 1957.

Green was also the first colour “worn” by a Moto Guzzi with the Normale, the first model, and probably the most iconic of the Eagle’s colours. The Style Centre reinterpreted it in a modern approach with a matt finish and associated with metallic colours the express the solidity and authenticity of the Larian brand. The body colours are matched with a saddle covered with a natural coloured material, like that of leather, to highlight the typically Italian attention to detail.

Other distinguishing details are the eagle in a gold finish and the dedicated logo that graphically celebrates Moto Guzzi’s 100 years.

I am really liking this, even more, the more I look at it.........mmmmmmmmm...should I.?

I am really liking this, even more, the more I look at it.........mmmmmmmmm...should I.?

Why not? You've had two, what's one more!

Almost tempted myself but one negative for me is that I'd get all precious about it just because it's a so called limited edition. I say 'so called' because I'm not sure if Moto Guzzi limited editions like Ducati limited editions - if they're a sales success they suddenly find a few extra stashed in the back of the factory... Cynical moi?

The tubeless wheels are a relatively minor plus for me given that the 2019/20 can be upgraded. I'ma little more interested to know if the engine tweaks have genuinely had a useful effect at lower revs. And if so, will the 2021 cam be available at a similar price as the 2019/20 (£200ish). And if not when will somebody be marketing a big bore kit...

But I do really like that green/silver paintwork.

I read somewhere that it was only one centenary bike per dealer. I assume that’s one each of the three models. But as has been said money talks and its easy to upgrade a few standard models so eroding the exclusivity.

Not for me, it would become too precious to use.

Why not? You've had two, what's one more!

Almost tempted myself but one negative for me is that I'd get all precious about it just because it's a so called limited edition. I say 'so called' because I'm not sure if Moto Guzzi limited editions like Ducati limited editions - if they're a sales success they suddenly find a few extra stashed in the back of the factory... Cynical moi?

The tubeless wheels are a relatively minor plus for me given that the 2019/20 can be upgraded. I'ma little more interested to know if the engine tweaks have genuinely had a useful effect at lower revs. And if so, will the 2021 cam be available at a similar price as the 2019/20 (£200ish). And if not when will somebody be marketing a big bore kit...

But I do really like that green/silver paintwork.

Can't say that at my age those sort of things bother me. I already know I like the V85 and I really like the colour. I've always looked after my bikes but never felt precious about them. As for limited edition, wouldn't really bother me if there where 1000 of them.
I tend not to worry about to much these days, especially money.

MG V85

Just converting my 2020 wheels to tubeless......back one done and holding pressure and looking good on pressure and no loss after several days. Has cost me £40 to convert both wheels after watching youtube

Attachments

• FDBD2768-42A0-41D9-9DA1-58A6608BA356.jpg
    FDBD2768-42A0-41D9-9DA1-58A6608BA356.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 415
I was lucky too it seems on my Stelvio (2010 with earlier 2 valve head). From memory the tyres lost about 1-2 psi over a week or so when in use but during storage 3psi over a couple of months.

Don't ever remember the early Stelvio having a 2 valve head. I may be wrong?

The bike designation was 4V on the paperwork I have just found hence my confusion, but you are right wrinkleyowlie, after I made the comment thought I would check it out as it was more than a few years ago. There are web sites stating not to get confused by the 4V as this engine has he 8 valve head from the Griso, probably an engine transplant with some tweaks I guess.

Rider Magazine back in 2009 discusses the 4V designation and states,

"The factory’s dithering in deciding if this is four valves per cylinder or an eight-valve motor typifies a lack of organization which still needs to be addressed at Guzzi."

Guzzi wheels

Two application process.....plasti-dip and 3M 5400 tape

Attachments

• 4B459C51-B3F3-4A57-AC1F-D125307C5A70.jpg
    4B459C51-B3F3-4A57-AC1F-D125307C5A70.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 400

Back
Top Bottom