LED & HID bulbs and the new MoT regs

Hello Gents.

After quite some back and forth getting things right. The headlamp adjuster is now ready!

I will make a separate post with the details, but AndyL from in here has been a saint. Mistacat has also been extremely useful with feedback (Mistacat, I have a little job for you, details to follow!)

But by way of a preview, this adjuster requires no drilling or screws. It will just require a day of no use while they 3M adhesive build its bond. But it's all ABS and stainless steel. It is also modular in so much as it can be reduced to its component parts.

Thank you AndyL!

Keep your eyes open for a fresh post on this.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Many thanks indeed
As a waiting customer I eagerly await your annoucnement
:okay

I am just preparing a separate post, but a preview attached...

*Green bar is the headlamp underside.
**Actual headlamp images are the unit mounted onto AndyL's headlamp.

Attachments

• LED Headlamp adjuster 4.5.0 - mkiii version 5.jpg
    LED Headlamp adjuster 4.5.0 - mkiii version 5.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 20210503_181034 (1).jpg
    20210503_181034 (1).jpg
    262 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_8164.jpg
    IMG_8164.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_8167.jpg
    IMG_8167.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 206
Philips have launched a bunch of LED bulbs they think are good enough to replace a filament H7...
but as clearly stated in the first post it is still completely illegal to swap a H7 halogen, for any non filament LED of any description or the flare up fake HID xenon fireballs

and these Philips flagship UltinonPro9000 HL LED's are really silly money https://www.philips.co.uk/c-e/au/car-lights/headlights/ultinon-pro9000-led.html

FYI run a non H7 halogen and you have NO insurance either

Philips have launched a bunch of LED bulbs they think are good enough to replace a filament H7...
but as clearly stated in the first post it is still completely illegal to swap a H7 halogen, for any non filament LED of any description or the flare up fake HID xenon fireballs

and these Philips flagship UltinonPro9000 HL LED's are really silly money https://www.philips.co.uk/c-e/au/car-lights/headlights/ultinon-pro9000-led.html

Have you seen post #165? :thumb

At £135 I’d rather stick the new LED unit in from China and have everything LED I think
https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-philips-ultinon-pro9000-led-headlights.html

Horse shit, if you do ANY modifications and don't declare them to your insurer they MAY invalidate your policy but have a legal obligation to cover any 3rd party liability which is all that is required to comply with the Road Traffic Act.

Horse shit, if you do ANY modifications and don't declare them to your insurer they MAY invalidate your policy but have a legal obligation to cover any 3rd party liability which is all that is required to comply with the Road Traffic Act.

Does modifying affect insurance?

Even the slightest change to your vehicle will have an impact on the insurance cost. Your insurance provider may think that increasing your vehicle’s performance can mean a higher risk of accidents. Changing the appearance of your vehicle to make head turns can also attract thieves, which could mean there’s a higher risk of your vehicle getting stolen. In any case, a higher risk usually translates into a higher premium charged by insurance providers.

Once you’ve decided to get modifications, you need to inform your vehicle insurer about the changes, no matter how small they are.

It might pinch to pay a higher premium because of the modifications, but it’s necessary as your insurance coverage can become invalid if you fail to inform them. If you need to make a claim or if someone files a claim against you and you haven’t informed the provider, you may not be eligible for compensation.

With regard to these lights, I'm gathering the horse shoe light plugs into the side light bulb. When the bike starts it has the dip beam on by default so is the horseshoe and dip on at the same time? Does the dip go out when main is on or do all three lightb units come on? Sorry for the questions!!

With regard to these lights, I'm gathering the horse shoe light plugs into the side light bulb. When the bike starts it has the dip beam on by default so is the horseshoe and dip on at the same time? Does the dip go out when main is on or do all three lightb units come on? Sorry for the questions!!
Yes horse shoe light plugs into side light and is on with the dip beam and all three are on when you put high beam on.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom