LED & HID bulbs and the new MoT regs

I fitted LED’s to my 1190R.

When I did, I set the beam up at my mate’s MOT place with perfect results.

So, if the beam pattern passes MOT how would a tester even know you’d changed bulbs unless they have an encyclopaedic knowledges of all production motorcycles?

Andres

They know....

My last MOT on my 1150GS, the tester complimented my LED’s. I think the tell tail is the purity of the white light.

They were a lot cheaper through Aliexpress I found them at £115 but got to checkout and now there is the Vat added which has put the price up.
Mot not till the end of the year so I think I will keep an eye on things for a while.

They were a lot cheaper through Aliexpress I found them at £115 but got to checkout and now there is the Vat added which has put the price up.
Mot not till the end of the year so I think I will keep an eye on things for a while.

I did the same thing Chris.
Amazon ended up being £87 more expensive, but I figured if I have Issues with it, I can send it back at no cost for a Refund.
Plus, it arrived 2 days after I placed the Order.

I agree with the ability to refund the unit if there are issues. Thankfully I've had none whatsoever in the while time it's been fitted

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The way it's looking at the minute, mine won't get much use for Christ knows how long so it'll probably last for aeons.....:nenau

The way it's looking at the minute, mine won't get much use for Christ knows how long so it'll probably last for aeons.....:nenau
Don't. This whole friggin situation is a veritable nightmare

I didn't order a lamp, this time . Some other bits...

But if I'm honest, I probably wouldn't have bought the headlamp if it had been that price... But I agree with the ability to refund the unit if there are issues. Thankfully I've had none whatsoever in the whole time it's been fitted

Ordered the led headlight from AliExpress last week. It arrived today. £143.00 all in Inc the taxes. Very fast delivery tbh. I shall see if it's warm enough tomorrow to fit it.i ordered this one.
More of a standard shape to it for my old 06 GSA. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40001...lNvMoN7kK8-2QDIM_6xoCYpYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ordered the led headlight from AliExpress last week. It arrived today. £143.00 all in Inc the taxes. Very fast delivery tbh. I shall see if it's warm enough tomorrow to fit it.
Bloody great! And what a great price. Report back, but I'm sure you're going to love it

Fitted it today. Very pleased with the look. Nice and bright. Fits well. Added bonus. It has the holes there for me to fit the BMW headlight protector that I had on my standard unit.
Thanks for all the info everyone.

Oh, and I weighed the new unit and compared it to the stock one. It weighs a whole pound more than the BMW one. It does seem to be a very robust unit, maybe the metal carcass is acting as a heat sink too.

Attachments

• IMG_20210123_133931.jpg
    IMG_20210123_133931.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20210123_133848.jpg
    IMG_20210123_133848.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_20210123_133901.jpg
    IMG_20210123_133901.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20210123_134313.jpg
    IMG_20210123_134313.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 615
Hi Gazza
where did you find this on Ailexpress tried copy and paste and search could not find the headlight on the website, really fancy one of these as my Hids have failed MOT. any info will be gratefully received, thanks in advance .

Ordered the led headlight from AliExpress last week. It arrived today. £143.00 all in Inc the taxes. Very fast delivery tbh. I shall see if it's warm enough tomorrow to fit it.i ordered this one.
More of a standard shape to it for my old 06 GSA. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40001...lNvMoN7kK8-2QDIM_6xoCYpYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hi Gazza
where did you find this on Ailexpress tried copy and paste and search could not find the headlight on the website, really fancy one of these as my Hids have failed MOT. any info will be gratefully received, thanks in advance .
It comes up in the link I posted above for me.

Hi Gazza

I followed the link posted by Gazza and the price shown was less than £100 but by checkout with shipping and tax added it came to £144 which is good.
The company on Aliexpress is " Off Road Lights Factory Store" If that helps.
I have already had notification that it is on its way.

well after a lot of faffing about got to the light unit, only to be told it will not ship to my region, when did you order Mistcat?

Back
Top Bottom