Aprilia Tuareg 660

A fairly good review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hGpdX2T6uuM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As he says, the T7 is obvious competition.The Tuareg is £1000 more but that buys you better suspension, better electronics, including a nice TFT instead of a naff plastic dash and more power.So it’s rides better both on and off road.
Not seen a Tuareg in the flesh yet but the finish also looks a step up from the Yamaha.
It probably won’t be a big seller but I think I’d go for the Italian if I was looking……

One thing any Aprilia will never have over any Yamaha will be reliability, having been the owner on three Aprilia's in the past I speak from experience.

I was looking forward to reading the road test in Bike. All we got was a few paragraphs about riding modes and tft screens. Disappointing to say the least - this is quite a significant new bike...or so I thought.

I like that, a nice bike right in my range. About time the T700 had a proper rival. It would be a close run thing but if I was buying again the sparse dealer network and relatively poorer reliability record of Aprilias would still swing it towards the Yam for me. I think the Yam looks nicer and I’ve spent the difference on upgrades that work for me rather than fancy modes and a screen. But that’s splitting hairs, I’m sure I’d be just as happy with the Aprilia. Now if Honda made a T700 competitor…

660 in the Flesh

Moto Corsa have one in the showroom: https://www.motocorsa.co.uk/single_...Aprilia&Model=TUAREG 660&StockNo=3106&Id=3106

So popped over for a look - It’s very impressive in the flesh that front end that seems a bit awkward in photos looks well proportioned and purposeful and everything looks well designed and put together with no fussy areas of fixtures and fittings.

Feet on the ground was easy the tank spreads ahead of you with a mini GSA feel, under the seat again all very neat in design and execution.

Engine, rad and rear muc guards all well designed - Water pump although high looks as though you’d need some protection.

I liked it a lot, it stirred the soul for me a lot more than a T7 and for not that many more pennys

They have three in stock with one sold…

I’m quite tempted but it would need a rack as a minimum accessory and here’s the rub - For a basic rack they want c£420+ VAT!

They also do an engine protection set, which it’s not as it’s just higher wrap around bars and they want c£440+ VAT for those!

so this, the t700 and the desert x all about the same weight all about the same power it will be down to price looks and personal preference, me the Desert X has the looks hands down but in all other respects I think I would have the T700. although none of them seem much of an improvement over the 990 so probably no new bike for me

Saw it in A&D Denbigh yesterday, I thought it looked good in the flesh. Somehow more substantial , and expensive looking than the T7 . It was a couple of feet off the ground on a podium so couldn’t sit on it or see the dash properly.

Saw it in A&D Denbigh yesterday, I thought it looked good in the flesh. Somehow more substantial , and expensive looking than the T7 . It was a couple of feet off the ground on a podium so couldn’t sit on it or see the dash properly.

I had a good look over it and it all look well designed and fitted together, I came away the impression that the mission was to make the best they could and they'd done well

There’s more discussion in Advrider: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/new-aprilia-tuareg-660.1411720/page-59

I went into my local dealer and they have a couple of the red ones in and to sit on at least, feel very nice. I’ll be taking a test ride soon but doubt I’ll buy one as I simply don’t have a need and have too many bikes already. The old Tuareg was a brilliant bike I hope this one will be as good. It certainly looks great IMG_0594.jpg
DF15A852-B726-4D51-BFD0-EE14FA88704C.jpg
97A70E9A-079D-486E-83D2-DEA35189CADA.jpg
IMG_0587.jpg

I grabbed from a YouTube review some screen shots that show the rear rack (c£440 +VAT ouch!) - Its big but as you can see from the above pictures as standard carrying even hauling around grip options are very limited

Attachments

• 1A6F6182-E4B7-49E4-9D8E-B5A1E03A1678.jpg
    1A6F6182-E4B7-49E4-9D8E-B5A1E03A1678.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 676
  • 97A1F5F0-22F2-4071-9FE2-0FCE0D2ACD5F.jpg
    97A1F5F0-22F2-4071-9FE2-0FCE0D2ACD5F.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 685
  • 9316B124-1A0F-43D0-A12A-0D0D488D2A9D.jpg
    9316B124-1A0F-43D0-A12A-0D0D488D2A9D.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 678
im sure we wont have to wait long before sw motek and hepco becker ect bring racks out at better prices. its a nice size do it all bike.

that top box rack doesn't look very strong from here

Chopsie gets to ride it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R3t5DqmEQNo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom