Aprilia Tuareg 660

im not one who generally hits the online touratwat websites for bling but I do want it to be practical and a bit crash and bash proof. so ive added moteo crash bars (£120) a centre stand (£110) heed steel bash plate (£130) and a GIVI rear rack (£95) just need to get some hand guards and probably some pannier frames and im done. the lots of options now for most things you need or want. some cheap as you can see and im very happy with all my purchases .

Thanks for that, good update - pleased you like it

I gave mine a quick tidy up prior to going to the Aprilia showroom, decided I didn’t want to sell yet. Maybe at some point when I get beaten trying to put the AT in the van

734BCB36-299A-4D1B-ADCA-26ACF595BC9C.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im so pleased I got the Tuareg i did wonder if the new transalp might have made me have second thought but Honda have come up zero attitude bike that is more like a larger version of a cb500x than a smaller Africa twin.

meanwhile someone has made a rally(lite) version at the bike show in Milan .......feast your eyes its a cracker. I love listening to Italians :D

https://youtu.be/BWz7sgg4RN4

I’ve been thinking about a new bike for a while, I currently have a 650vstrom which is a great bike but I’m fancying a change. I was wondering how you’re getting on with your Tuareg.

I don’t do off-road at all but like this style and ergonomics of this type of bike.

I’ve been thinking about a new bike for a while, I currently have a 650vstrom which is a great bike but I’m fancying a change. I was wondering how you’re getting on with your Tuareg.

I don’t do off-road at all but like this style and ergonomics of this type of bike.
sorry for late reply , all still good though I haven't used it much due to one thing or another but there's nothing id rather have in this category . I will I expect add a adv 350 at some point. planning to go to France later in the year but that's it. (y)

Like the look of this bike but was put off buying one after riding the RS660 which uses the same engine (different tune and gearbox maybe?). Great motor when spun up but two up or single, with luggage, I found it needed constant stirring of the gearbox, so kept my RSV which I was considering selling it for and handed the RS back. For off road trials I'd imagine it would be great due to the light weight and slender profile working well with the ample flexibility of the mid range but for me, it wouldn't have been one I'd liked to have toured on although it would get the job done. Worth speaking with Griff at Aprilia Performance in Tamworth. What he doesn't know about Aprilias isn't worth knowing. Great guy.

Like the look of this bike but was put off buying one after riding the RS660 which uses the same engine (different tune and gearbox maybe?). Great motor when spun up but two up or single, with luggage, I found it needed constant stirring of the gearbox, so kept my RSV which I was considering selling it for and handed the RS back. For off road trials I'd imagine it would be great due to the light weight and slender profile working well with the ample flexibility of the mid range but for me, it wouldn't have been one I'd liked to have toured on although it would get the job done. Worth speaking with Griff at Aprilia Performance in Tamworth. What he doesn't know about Aprilias isn't worth knowing. Great guy.
yes I would think there would be quite significant difference to an RSV, they are indeed pretty slim which is a nice change for me. touring is only part of its job and the bike as a whole makes up for any touring shortcomings it may have. its 20% down on HP to the RS so while its no rocket ship its quick enough for what I want and ok considering its only a 660 trail bike. its well balanced and fun to ride still my choice in its class for sure :okay

New colours for 2024

5d80002e66bdb0927074f63c3bd3e978.png

37914ba6410a16fd892e5f685b3ec9ca.webp

002876268b4671571f501152a542a325.jpg

not that keen on the black ones and strange to make two so similar. the Dakar inspired one is very nice, still got the faux bash plate I see. (y) :clap

Just had delivered a Desert Sand one , really pleased with it , Dakar one just seemed all stick on decals and I preferred the black wheels as well rather than the silver ones

What a boring life it would be if we all liked the same things.....

IMG_3835.jpeg

and very nice too (y) :clap :clap :clap

I went into my dealer Colchester Kawasaki today and they still only had the old colours in there. Hope you enjoy it they're fab bikes for sure.

I like them Aprilias…

But I’d advise any new owner to give its a good going over, with the spanner’s.

Andymancam has purchased one, but his test ride bike was not up to scratch…

Then his ex demo bike wasn’t any better either, including some interesting insight in how Aprilia and German dealers operate…

I like them Aprilias…

But I’d advise any new owner to give its a good going over, with the spanner’s.

Andymancam has purchased one, but his test ride bike was not up to scratch…

Then his ex demo bike wasn’t any better either, including some interesting insight in how Aprilia and German dealers operate…

I've spent the day checking mine over and even by my very demanding standards the bike was 100% , not a single thing to be corrected on it . I'd had heated grips and a quickshifter added and the dealer install was spot on with all the wiring nice and tidy and everthing fitted as it shoudl be

Last edited:

Just realised that BTGMoto is the legend that is Dale Lomas that used to be on one of the uk bike mags then moved to Nurburgring as a track instructor on both bikes and cars with his MX5

Sent from my N65

Last edited:
cheers I must say id not heard of him but he looks like he knows what he's doing and can spot a decent bike ( not the transalp :ROFLMAO:) when he sees one ;)

and reminded me to watch the big rock Moto guy too . hopefully ill actually ride mine this yeah and stop riding the adv 350 but its great fun to jump on and makes life easy, cheers for pointing me in that direction Mr RC8 (y)

About time he did a review and sums it up perfectly

Dear Aprilia. Thank you. Thank you for making this bike. A bike that many people will never understand, will not buy and will give four stars in a review. A bike that will make people comment about reliability, and dealer networks whilst drooling over CF MOTO's. KOVE's and obscure bikes from niche brands.Thank you for being a challenger with the ability to build quality; for putting good suspension in a bike, good electronics and not charging the earth for it. Thank you for not compromising the bike in the name of a bottom line. Thank you for this week of riding I won't forget. Please keep doing this until it sticks and then do it some more. I hope we meet again someday.Keep making great bikes. Llewelyn Pavey

Back
Top Bottom