Robens green cone

Hut van

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have been reading all the threads in here as I’m going to buy a new tent.
Like quite a few on here I’m wanting something with decent headroom and have narrowed it down to the green cone (I think 🤔 ).
How are you guys getting on with the GC after a bit of time living with it? And has anyone got a recommendation on the cheapest prices and availability.
Cheers Brian

Yeah, read them all, I was looking for a little more feedback on actual use of them like is there room in the porch to sit in and use a small cooker if the weather a bit shity and apart from the sag in the material at the rear is there any other faults.
I have seen one on eBay for £245 and thought that was a good price, so it’s really just a bit of reassurance before I hit the button.
Cheers

I bought one from here some time ago but don't get to use it as I have too many tents. Happy to sell it to you if you are interested in second hand. Very good condition from memory, nice tent.

Hi Mike, how much are you looking for the tent?

Ideally close to what I paid for it but I can't remember how much that was. I doubt I would have much more than £150 for it so how about £125 posted?

Yeah, read them all, I was looking for a little more feedback on actual use of them like is there room in the porch to sit in and use a small cooker if the weather a bit shity and apart from the sag in the material at the rear is there any other faults.
I have seen one on eBay for £245 and thought that was a good price, so it’s really just a bit of reassurance before I hit the button.
Cheers

I haven't tried cooking in the porch on my GC. There's enough room but I would be very reluctant to do so. Rolling back one flap and using the other as a wind break would make it safer, I suppose. The only other issue I would mention is that the volume of the inner does make it pretty chilly if you use it in the autumn / early spring. However, a winter sleeping bag and a good mat sorts that.

If the "Kingdom" you live in is Fife, you could borrow mine for an overnight when travel restrictions ease?

I have one of these; loads of room for sitting or cooking; will take 2 people easily with small chairs ; and you can close out the weather;; works well for me, or us.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-193303.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-193303.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 302
I haven't tried cooking in the porch on my GC. There's enough room but I would be very reluctant to do so. Rolling back one flap and using the other as a wind break would make it safer, I suppose. The only other issue I would mention is that the volume of the inner does make it pretty chilly if you use it in the autumn / early spring. However, a winter sleeping bag and a good mat sorts that.

If the "Kingdom" you live in is Fife, you could borrow mine for an overnight when travel restrictions ease?

That’s a very good offer Pete, however I would like to have a tent bought in January. And you are correct Cowdenbeath in Fife.
Your Edinburgh ramblings were very good by the way.
I bought a gs1250 ex-demo from Dalkeith in November so I would like to get out and about camping when we can.

That’s a very good offer Pete, however I would like to have a tent bought in January. And you are correct Cowdenbeath in Fife.
Your Edinburgh ramblings were very good by the way.
I bought a gs1250 ex-demo from Dalkeith in November so I would like to get out and about camping when we can.

Hmmm ... when we can. That's not looking to be any time soon, it seems. Still, if and when, you can pop over and check it out in the back green, if it suits you. Just drop me a pm.

Ideally close to what I paid for it but I can't remember how much that was. I doubt I would have much more than £150 for it so how about £125 posted?

MikeS' have you any Pic's please.. PM me as very interested..
How old is the tent?
Much use etc??

Cheers WB

Back
Top Bottom