R1200R in the for sales

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know I'll regret it, but my R1200R Sport is now in the for sale section :-(

yes, selling the R and getting that lump of shite is really very silly

yes, selling the R and getting that lump of shite is really very silly

We are in agreement.

I am spending a lot of money to move from an excellent, seriously capable and engaging, comfortable and characterful motorcycle, with a screen, hand protection, heated grips, decent luggage, GPS prep, great fuel consumption and a well developed and effective electronics package for a tractor.

Once the "touring" Harley arrives, not only will it be far less suited to touring than the R1200R that's making space for it, but it will also be less suited to the task than both the R80RT and Triumph Street Scrambler with which it will share garage space.

Mind you, as long as at remains a Garage Queen (as you've aptly named my bikes in the past) I'm sure the lack of ability won't get in its way :)

I was going to say, "whatever floats your boat" but if you put your new monolith into a boat smaller than the Pride of Dover, it would sink.

It's pointless you trying to wind me up by telling me that I'm doing something stupid and the bike I'm buying will be rubbish because I already know that. And I'm not disagreeing with you.

However, when we went on the world's wettest summer holiday to Austria, the Harley that was with us didn't break down (ok, it has since) and the ferry didn't sink (ok, we took the tunnel) so it'll be fine

Hey Gyp

I never regretted buying my Harley Electraglide, and used it both to tour and to hoon down small country lanes. And I still miss its unique sound and character.

So scratch that itch, and enjoy .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Gyp

I never regretted buying my Harley Electraglide, and used it both to tour and to hoon down small country lanes. And I still miss its unique sound and character.

So scratch that itch, and enjoy .

Thanks Simon. One lesson that it has taken me a long time to learn is that better isn't always better.

A couple of summers ago I test rode a few bikes and, after trying lots of massively capable machines, tried a Triumph Street Scrambler just for the hell of it.

Compared with everything else I'd ridden, it was much less powerful, slower, less well suspended, poorly braked, was less comfortable and had minimal equipment. And I absolutely loved it as it was basic and fun. I take it everywhere at 50ish mph and smile as I go.

I'd not want to do longer journeys on it (despite spending a small fortune on equipping it so I could tour on it - full Givi luggage and BMW Nav VI all installed), so I'm hoping the HD can fill the unhurried longer distance role.

Time will tell

Thanks Simon. One lesson that it has taken me a long time to learn is that better isn't always better.

A couple of summers ago I test rode a few bikes and, after trying lots of massively capable machines, tried a Triumph Street Scrambler just for the hell of it.

Compared with everything else I'd ridden, it was much less powerful, slower, less well suspended, poorly braked, was less comfortable and had minimal equipment. And I absolutely loved it as it was basic and fun. I take it everywhere at 50ish mph and smile as I go.

I'd not want to do longer journeys on it (despite spending a small fortune on equipping it so I could tour on it - full Givi luggage and BMW Nav VI all installed), so I'm hoping the HD can fill the unhurried longer distance role.

Time will tell

Try a KTM 390 Duke

Cheap, naughty and fun.

I've done long trips on it to without any problems.

It seems less is best.

Try a KTM 390 Duke

Cheap, naughty and fun.

I've done long trips on it to without any problems.

It seems less is best.

I'm sure I'd love it, but having had a wide range of bikes from Honda Melody Mini to Hayabusa over the years, this time for various reasons I'm having a huge and pointless Harley.

Don't worry though, there will also be the Triumph Scrambler and 4 2-wheeled BMWs left in the garage for a bit of variety.

Back
Top Bottom