r1200rt screen

hp006

Reaction score
My r1200rt screen has decided to stop working as has the heated seat.
For the screen I get error windscreen sensor malfunction/eas sensor malfunction. I'm not overly fussed about being able to move the screen all the time but it has gone to its lowest position. I did read if I connect pin 7 from the 8 pin connector to pin 1/2 of the other terminal I can make the screen go up or down. Does anyone know where this connectors are?
I thought it indicated behind the l/h switch so I've go this off but there's only 2 wires going into the top and bottom. Didnt know if I put power across these straight from battery would it move screen?

For the seat its telling me there is an open voltage somewhere? Lights still come on the dash to indicate its on. Just no heat.

I did plug the gs911 in but laptop has since died so can't get codes again until I sort.
Any help appreciated
Its a 2006 rt

The GS-911 will help
This windshield failure to respond happened to my with my '08RT after I disconnected the battery. I had not purchased a GS-911 yet, so was forced to go to the BMW dealer to have him hook it up to their computer for the recalibration.
You can look on the HexCode website to see "Function-Chart" as it describes whether or not it can see/clear codes or if it also can do adaptation/learning and in the case of your heated seats, simply output tests.
https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/function-chart#R1200RT

Hope this helps

It won't le me calibrate it. Cant do anything.

Just if anyone knows where this 8 pin connector is so I can raise it with out the switch?

Back
Top Bottom