Every day's a school day

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got my recently aquired 1200 sport finished. it's had a full nut and bolt clean, new screen, bits of paint here and there, some nice racing stripes down the tank and an Agostini exhaust. I must say it's looking rather resplendent.
Anyhow, having the bike back together I stated it up, nothing, not even a click at the solenoid.

Searched around a bit and came across a black box in front of the battery. Moving it around indicated that there was something loose inside. Too big to be a solenoid or a relay, but it did have an arrow on it depicting which way it should sit in it's holder.
I put it back up the right way, low and behold, bike starts right up.

It turns out to be a tilt switch which cuts the engine should the bike tilt or fall beyond a certain level.

I honestly never knew that these things existed.

It's cuz your old...:pullface

Bank angle sensor..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118-145430.jpg
    Screenshot_20210118-145430.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 461
Just got my recently aquired 1200 sport finished. it's had a full nut and bolt clean, new screen, bits of paint here and there, some nice racing stripes down the tank and an Agostini exhaust. I must say it's looking rather resplendent.

Post pics and make us jealous! :D

Would love to see some photos please, I've got a 1200 sport and have been fettling it more than riding it since buying in November, changed all the body work from silver to red as I heard they go faster

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Would love to see some photos please, I've got a 1200 sport and have been fettling it more than riding it since buying in November, changed all the body work from silver to red as I heard they go faster

silver ? must be a 4 valve/cylinder . ho ho ho , have the cams been done ?

sorry to disappoint you , red ones are owned by knobs , we sold 20 black , 4 red ....i had more trouble with the red owners, than all the black owners put together .....mine is black

silver ? must be a 4 valve/cylinder . ho ho ho , have the cams been done ?

sorry to disappoint you , red ones are owned by knobs , we sold 20 black , 4 red ....i had more trouble with the red owners, than all the black owners put together .....mine is black
Cams???4V motor??Rollers?? Please tell me more, I've not read anything about that, anywhere...ever

Anyway mines still got silver parts so I'm only part knob.
Didn't you sell me the bike in the first place? half red, half silver? Was a good price so didn't ask too many questions.

What wuz you saying about cams again?

Cams???4V motor??Rollers?? Please tell me more, I've not read anything about that, anywhere...ever

Anyway mines still got silver parts so I'm only part knob.
Didn't you sell me the bike in the first place? half red, half silver? Was a good price so didn't ask too many questions.

What wuz you saying about cams again?

Roller cams..
Read these -

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...bout-a-guzzi?p=5849402&viewfull=1#post5849402

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/538548-Norge?p=5775985&viewfull=1#post5775985

Back
Top Bottom