2021 701s announced

Golly, this thread got exciting for a bit :D

To get somewhat back on track, has anybody found any pictures yet of the MY2021 bikes? I'm especially interested to see what monstrosity of a silencer they've fitted to be Euro5 compliant............plus maybe different colours?.......oh, and of course, the "completion developed" headlight :D

Andres

A dig in post#5 at the bike I bought, you first mentioned the Tenere, not me..................but you love a dig at people, dontcha

Then again...making it a personal attack, in post #15

You cannot help having a fucking dig, you did it to Nutty too............so he left (and had to complain beforehand)

Why do you do it?

Does it give you some sort of perverse pleasure

Suggest you read back the thread then,Mr Sensitive.

You started having a go by asking if the 701LR has been a sales flop in post 3.
So I replied and referenced your beloved Tenere.
No personal attack so stop being a drama queen.

I had a go at Nutty because I was fed up of the way he treated people.
One person had literally stripped his bike and driven 150 miles to help Nutty out of a hole and then Nutty had reneged on his side of the bargain for EIGHT MONTHS, despite numerous texts asking him to honour the deal.

And Nutty left because he texted BHT in a ridiculous him or me ultimatum.BHT basically told him to fuck off because he had far more important issues to deal with, so Nutty didn’t have much choice.

So wind your neck in.You come in here having a dig at the 701.So it’s returned and then you get all sensitive and claim the attack is personal.Twat.

Golly, this thread got exciting for a bit :D

To get somewhat back on track, has anybody found any pictures yet of the MY2021 bikes? I'm especially interested to see what monstrosity of a silencer they've fitted to be Euro5 compliant............plus maybe different colours?.......oh, and of course, the "completion developed" headlight :D

Andres

Those are 2021 bikes in post 1 !!

Here’s more

acad787bdf6e9ace67d3c1a488fc785a.jpg
cf9c6c5ce03553f548c11588025fb601.jpg

Exhaust looks the same as on 2020 bikes.

This is the new dash, shown on a 690R but will be the same on the 701.
Has integrated rev counter and gear position indicator

Those are 2021 bikes in post 1 !!

Here’s more

Exhaust looks the same as on 2020 bikes.

Ah ok, I thought Husky were being lazy with their press release and that they were 2020 bikes :confused: as I was expecting the headlight to look different (as well as the exhaust).

Andres

JB

The Tenere and the 701 are surely aimed at a different market? A Tenere would be no use for what I bought my 701 for, it's too big and heavy. Tenere is mass market and built down to a price and the 701 is very niche with less corner cutting. I like that.

Sure, the Tenere is better on the road, but I've got an 1190 for that. I do like the weight saving over the KTM, though it's still too tall.

As an aside...In between lockdowns, I accompanied a 1090R owning friend considering exchanging his bike for a Tenere. He got about 200 metres on the test before firmly giving that idea the boot :D

I'm sure the Tenere is a great bike, but it's not for me (or him) at the moment.

When I was looking last autumn for a middle weight adv type bike that could manage fairly long distance with good light off road capability (once you reached your destination) I narrowed it down to the Husky 701LR and the T7.

So to say they are completely different bikes and aimed at different markets isn’t exactly true as folks who are interested in say travelling to the Northern TET in Scandinavia or journeying to Iceland might want to consider both. I certainly did. My local Husky dealer also told me that people who had enquired about the 701LR were also interested in the T7 as an alternative. I suppose the most important part is want kind of riding to you want to do and if it’s the above mentioned then yes you should consider both.

I choose the T7 as I figured out what I wanted to use it for would be roughly 70% tarmac and 30% light off road. If it was the other way round I’d have probably bought the Husky.

I choose the T7 as I figured out what I wanted to use it for would be roughly 70% tarmac and 30% light off road. If it was the other way round I’d have probably bought the Husky.

Isn’t that more or less what Cookie said? Very different bikes for very different uses.

Personally I would not want to take something the weight of a T7 on anything other than graded tracks/easy trails.....I am shit off toad though so need a light(ish) bike that will flatter my riding, not be a handful.

Andres

Graded tracks and easy trails. Perfect for the T7 then which was my point. Plus the Husky is marketed as a middle weight adv style bike so it is in competition with the T7. :)

I’m no expert but I don’t think anyone would consider the 701 that brilliant for serious off road use because it’s too big and heavy as well.

Anyway the Portuguese based troll has arrived to try and turn this thread into an argument again so I’m done.

When I was looking last autumn for a middle weight adv type bike that could manage fairly long distance with good light off road capability (once you reached your destination) I narrowed it down to the Husky 701LR and the T7.

So to say they are completely different bikes and aimed at different markets isn’t exactly true as folks who are interested in say travelling to the Northern TET in Scandinavia or journeying to Iceland might want to consider both. I certainly did. My local Husky dealer also told me that people who had enquired about the 701LR were also interested in the T7 as an alternative. I suppose the most important part is want kind of riding to you want to do and if it’s the above mentioned then yes you should consider both.

They are quite different bikes but can be used for the same thing.
I was interested in the Tenere when it was announced,but was underwhelmed when I sat on one at EICMA.Too plasticky and bland colours.
Having owned a couple of 701SMs, my interest was piqued when they announced the 701LR.
I knew it was a great motor and the idea of a 300 mile range planted a seed.

As previously mentioned, one of my all time favourite bikes was my KTM 950 SuperEnduro.
I owned that for a decade and by fitting a Safari tank, pannier rails and Renazco seat, turned it into a long distance tourer.
It took me all over Europe and was brilliant.It rarely ever ventured offroad.
I only sold it as it got a bit too tall for my dodgy knee.
I see the 701LR as the natural replacement .It’s complete overkill fitting the Nomad kit but it should let me tour,the Renazco seat should let me do long days if needed and I can sling my Mosko Moto luggage over the racks.
I’ve even fitted an Atlas Throttle Lock.

Admittedly I think the Tenere Rally looks great and has addressed some of the base model’s issues.
But my 701LR has more power, 40/50kgs less weight but has a greater range, so a win/win for me.

Just wheeling it in and out the garage shows how light the thing is.
The LR hasn’t been a huge seller in Europe but I think they’ve had supply issues.I know many have gone to Australia, where they love it.And now Euro 5 has killed it off.

At the end of Q3 2020, only 16 were on UK roads, so it’ll always be rare.

Would be quite handy to have that new dash with gear readout and rev counter.
Doubt it’ll work on older bikes as will need extra electricky bits, but some bright spark might make a plug in loom or sumfink......

iHello mr Todger Did you know I am maybe going to buy a Harley Davidson just like yours We can go for rides together with my sister

We are all very much looking forward to you and your sister joining us for rides on an RKS Mr Andrews.

Graded tracks and easy trails. Perfect for the T7 then which was my point. Plus the Husky is marketed as a middle weight adv style bike so it is in competition with the T7. :)

I’m no expert but I don’t think anyone would consider the 701 that brilliant for serious off road use because it’s too big and heavy as well.

Anyway the Portuguese based troll has arrived to try and turn this thread into an argument again so I’m done.

There's six folk in my TRF group who have 701s (or new variant 690's) as their only off road bikes and they do some pretty gnarly stuff on them no problem at all. A good rider will be able to do most stuff in the UK without too many issues. Less experienced folk might struggle and would be better off with something lighter (e.g. 250 or 350).

Toddy’s post starts mentioning skill levels so you’re into a different ball game as a skilled off road rider will be good on nearly anything.

I suppose if an average Joe was looking for a middle weight mid range adv style bike then I still think they might consider both.

Back
Top Bottom