2021 701s announced

Has the LR been a flop then, sales wise

I was asking a genuine question in post 3 -

Have LR sales been good or not?

Genuine question ? Is that why you accompanied it by a silly smilie ? :blast

The 701LR was never going to be a massive seller.It’s a niche bike , not a sell it cheap, pile it high kind of bike.

I had actually never considered the 701 as an Adventure Bike. I've always thought it was a Trail Bike like wot we used to have.

I suppose the 701LR is more of an Adventure Bike though, and the T7 definitely is one.

But what is this ‘Adventure Bike’ moniker ?

The best ‘adventure’ I had in 2020 was on my RKS in the Vercors.You can have an adventure on any bike from a 2.5 litre Rocket 3 to a Tomos.It doesn’t need to have offroad looks !

I was looking for the site that says how many vehicles are registered per year, by model. I've used it before but couldn't find it. Is that the site you found the above info?

I used this site

Read the posts more carefully smelly poo :D

Andres

This whole thread is a burning pile of smelly poo... as Redrick. :p

PS so the 701 is an old style trail bike and the LR version could be a kind of medium Adv bike and the T7 is a medium Adv bike.

We have clarity! :banana

This whole thread is a burning pile of smelly poo... as Redrick. :p

PS so the 701 is an old style trail bike and the LR version could be a kind of medium Adv bike and the T7 is a medium Adv bike.

Well here's a 690 being used as a trail bike, and also on a longer off road trip. It does both rather well!

Attachments

• Iceland 2019 Photos 690.jpg
    Iceland 2019 Photos 690.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Iceland 2019 Photos 795_LI (2).jpg
    Iceland 2019 Photos 795_LI (2).jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Iceland 2019 Photos 666.jpg
    Iceland 2019 Photos 666.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 50054361443_049da4c6ca_c.jpg
    50054361443_049da4c6ca_c.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 135

Whoooooa there laddie..............clarity you say :nenau

WTF is a 'medium' Adv bike? :confused:

Stop reading the brochures and just get that lump of Japanese pig iron over to Scandinavia before you go pop :p

Andres

But what is this ‘Adventure Bike’ moniker ?

The best ‘adventure’ I had in 2020 was on my RKS in the Vercors.You can have an adventure on any bike from a 2.5 litre Rocket 3 to a Tomos.It doesn’t need to have offroad looks !

I used this site

I agree, adventures can be had on any bike, or even with no bike. It is a handy term to describe a category of bike though, like say, "sports bike".

Thanks for the link :)
Oddly no details for 2019MY 701s AFAICS.

Cool crash bars, I've not seen those before. Do you still have the 690?

Andres

They're the Rally Raid ones, very good bit of kit!

Yes I still have it (I sold the 1090R), and am just about to fit a small screen so I can turn it into a "medium sized Adv. bike"!;)

It is good to know that the 701 is still available in the UK. Happy days. One day.

I had pretty much decided that I want a 'dual sport', and after discounting a secondhand DRZ/XR decided the newly released Honda CRF300L would be ideal.

Re-looking at the 701, it weighs 147 without fuel and the CRF300L is 142.... Obviously the 701 would be a much better bike, although it is twice the price.

RBW.

I ride sometimes with a guy on a CRF250L. On paper the weights are very similar, but I suspect the difference is the fuel is included in the Honda figures maybe? The 250 looks way lighter, and is positively spindly in comparison.

You would say that wouldn’t you :D

Andres

Ok, I accept it was a predictable comment but I stand by it. I spent ages debating in my own mind which way to go if I wanted a bike I could take practically anywhere I was capable of riding it and decided weight was my ultimate enemy which meant the bike needed to stay under 135kg fuelled up but without luggage.

I might have taken the weight hit if the 701LR had been available at the time so I’m glad it wasn’t :D

Back
Top Bottom