Coopers

Yes I have and always been impressed. Especially with one of the salesmen, William I think. The service guys are always spot on.

I’ve got to say I’ve always found their service mixed, very much dependant on the individual you are dealing with. I’ve had good service and very bad service from them over the years, The bad being predominant resulting my purchases being from AJ, which is a shame as I have to ride past Coopers, only a few miles from home to go to AJ a 100+ miles away.

Yes I have and always been impressed. Especially with one of the salesmen, William I think. The service guys are always spot on.

Now, I have to be careful here. The dealer I’m thinking of is on Newcastle road, next to a roundabout. So it may be the same one.
I used to pass it regularly, and in I went one day to look at a new RT in San Marino blue. It was gorgeous, all it lacked was a colour matched top box.
I waited for a salesman to approach me for 20 minutes , eventually I went over to the 2 salesmen who had been chatting all that time and asked for assistance.
The older one said he thought I was just looking, fair enough. Anyway, the younger one came over and asked “what do you need” in a surly tone of voice.
I told him I was thinking of the RT and asked about the topbox . His reply was to advise me that if all I was bothered about was a colour matched topbox I should look for an old pan European.
At that point I walked out. Incidentally, yes, I ended up with another new GS from another dealer :blast

Same one who sold me an approved used bike ,then sales staff/ admin/ the cleaner forgot to authorise the £500 payment to BMW UK for the 2 year warranty and then sales staff claimed the bike was not sold under the Approved Used Scheme despite the receipt saying otherwise and the bike being advertised on both the BMW Approved Used website and their own.

Followed by months of grief and hassle and porkies to try and get the mess sorted ( with BMW UK , and two other dealers confirming it was not covered under an Approved Used Warranty and Coopers trying to claim it was).

In the end it was fixed with a new motor at the dealers expense after the intervention of BMW UK but still took months and I lost the use of the bike for the summer

Brother in law bought a 6 month old F850GS from them with 4 or 5 hundred miles on the clock , decided after a few months it wasn't for him and went in to look at a R1200GS LC , Coopers would not even give him a part exchange price saying they did not want the bike. It was by then fitted with genuine BMW pannier rails, rack, crash bars and a few other extras , had less than 3000 miles on the clock and was much cleaner than when he bought it.

Can name many others who refuse to use the dealership because of either sales or servicing issues, so if you have been impressed then you have been lucky

Now, I have to be careful here. The dealer I’m thinking of is on Newcastle road, next to a roundabout. So it may be the same one.
I used to pass it regularly, and in I went one day to look at a new RT in San Marino blue. It was gorgeous, all it lacked was a colour matched top box.
I waited for a salesman to approach me for 20 minutes , eventually I went over to the 2 salesmen who had been chatting all that time and asked for assistance.
The older one said he thought I was just looking, fair enough. Anyway, the younger one came over and asked “what do you need” in a surly tone of voice.
I told him I was thinking of the RT and asked about the topbox . His reply was to advise me that if all I was bothered about was a colour matched topbox I should look for an old pan European.
At that point I walked out. Incidentally, yes, I ended up with another new GS from another dealer :blast

When was that?

Same one who sold me an approved used bike ,then sales staff/ admin/ the cleaner forgot to authorise the £500 payment to BMW UK for the 2 year warranty and then sales staff claimed the bike was not sold under the Approved Used Scheme despite the receipt saying otherwise and the bike being advertised on both the BMW Approved Used website and their own.

Followed by months of grief and hassle and porkies to try and get the mess sorted ( with BMW UK , and two other dealers confirming it was not covered under an Approved Used Warranty and Coopers trying to claim it was).

In the end it was fixed with a new motor at the dealers expense after the intervention of BMW UK but still took months and I lost the use of the bike for the summer

Brother in law bought a 6 month old F850GS from them with 4 or 5 hundred miles on the clock , decided after a few months it wasn't for him and went in to look at a R1200GS LC , Coopers would not even give him a part exchange price saying they did not want the bike. It was by then fitted with genuine BMW pannier rails, rack, crash bars and a few other extras , had less than 3000 miles on the clock and was much cleaner than when he bought it.

Can name many others who refuse to use the dealership because of either sales or servicing issues, so if you have been impressed then you have been lucky

And yet they are more than happy to help others with out of warranty gestures of good will.

Not wanting a trade in, well that’s just market forces.
I don’t suppose their was much need for the ladies GS at that time.

I would tend to agree with the majority here
The salesmen are arrogant pricks

I’ve tried to buy 2 bikes from them in the past an HP2 and a Megamoto
Both times treated with disdain as I hadn’t bought from them before
Despite having bought M3’s etc at the car end ( who by the way are brilliant )

They have their little click of mates and if your not one they are not interested

Back
Top Bottom