My 650 Triumph story

That’s a great job Bill. Love the look of the exhaust and the Smiths clock :okay

Really was not sure how others would react to the modifications on the bike but as it was not standard to begin with decided to just do what I wanted with it.

A few years ago a friend of mine in Canada bought a Colorado Norton Works 750 Norton (if you've not heard of them Google the company) and he let be ride it, was loads of fun . That's what got me onto old bikes with some updated features that make them more reliable and thus enjoyable while maintaining some of the original feel. In hindsight I have no regrets although I do understand it's not everyone's cup of instant Tea! It's clearly the most fun I've have going slow.

As has. Even said, well done and thanks for documenting that.

I thought it looked good when you bought it, but after the resto it’s just beautiful. Original or not, the pipes look spot on..

That’s my idea of pretty.

Beautiful bike and it's a credit to you

Lovely bike! :thumb
I’m into my older bikes, more 70’s stuff really. I see a lot of bullshit snobbery about keeping things std and original. The problem is a lot of these old bikes, especially the Brit one are basically unrideable in modern traffic and certainly not pleasurable unless you have upgraded electrics, brakes etc to make them both more reliable and fun to ride. It’s your bike do what ever you want to make it good to ride!:thumb Better to keep it on the road and being ridden than perfect / original but in a heated showroom.:rolleyes:

:beerjug:

If anyone needs some inspiration to make a few upgrades to their bike go onto You Tube and enter “Colorado Norton Works” into the search function. Suggest watch the one featuring the yellow one first and then his work shop tour in two parts. New life for old bikes is a good thing!

Great bike,you made a fine job of that.Thanks for the Youtube link,will be giving that a look later.

Kimbo

If anyone needs some inspiration to make a few upgrades to their bike go onto You Tube and enter “Colorado Norton Works” into the search function. Suggest watch the one featuring the yellow one first and then his work shop tour in two parts. New life for old bikes is a good thing!

Do you mean this one Bill ?

Looks like the kind of 'Resto Modding' some of the classic car boys do :thumb2

Yes that's the one I mentioned as well as the two part video's on the CNW work shop tours. They really are nicely reworked bikes in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom