100 year celebrations 10 - 12 Sept 2021 - thoughts, ideas & information thread

Ash

Oh Yes....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a PM from Andrew Dean, asking if I was going...

That really spurned me on to pull my finger out & sort it, if I was ever going to go.

Now we all know Covid is a major factor at present, so of course everything depends on that.

This thread is really just to post ideas, thought & any information you may have.
( in one place, rather than ' Random Guzzi Shit ' or other threads)

As trying to get information from Guzzi / Piaggio / Italy is never easy.
What little there is is often in their lingo..

:thumb

I'll go first..

:D

After Andrews PM, I clicked onto Booking.com to try to sort accommodation.
Knowing full well all local places would be taken.
Other than the really expensive or not suitable ones that is.
And they were.. :blast

Five hours later & many searches, I managed to booked a twin room in Bellagio.
2 minutes from the centre, 5 minutes from the ferry across como.
Or 18 miles around the banks of como to Lecco & Mandello Del Lario.
( which is a cracking ride )
Now didn't want to book somewhere where I couldn't cancel without coughing up.
But luckily this one is free cancellation until 5th September..

I usually tour with my best friend and Guzzi Le Mans MK V owner.
But I hadn't ran anything past him as it was to late to ring him when I'd finished booking the room..
:D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-165535.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-165535.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 203
I'm hoping melania Trump will slip into my room at night..

Mar-a-Lago get it... ;)

:green gri

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-175641.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-175641.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 195
Hi Ash
We’ve booked with Booking.com at Menaggio as you have, pay nowt till nearer the time. Will have to ferry across lake, and train down to Mandello from Varenna

Hi Ash
We’ve booked with Booking.com at Menaggio as you have, pay nowt till nearer the time. Will have to ferry across lake, and train down to Mandello from Varenna

When we cought that ferry heading home September 2017 it was absolutely chucking it down & choppy to say the least.
I was on my SP3 & had to rest the front wheel against ships side with the sidestand down.
Me staying on the bike.
Metal deck like a skating rink...
It was fecking awful. :(
When got tother side he ship couldn't dock properly, so I had to open throttle & hope 4 the best.
How I got off that ferry in one piece, bearing in mind my disabilities.
I honestly don't now...

So this time it looks as though I'll be on my Breva 1100V which other than a full fairing is as big & heavy as the SP3 :blast

I did fink of using my F700GS but my mate said " we can't go to Mandello on BM's ".
In for a penny, in for a pound.. :D

Finger crossed Andrew we can go.. :thumb

PS

I did say - I'd never go back to Mandello as I've been twice..

But I've git 2 ferry credits to use up, add that it's a 100 yrs of Guzzi...
Why not.. ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-214907.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-214907.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20210121-214922.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-214922.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 165
6-12 September 2021: 100 years of Moto Guzzi - International Motorcycle Rally City of Moto Guzzi

"If by lucky hypothesis ..."

Mandello del Lario, 1910s.
A young engine technician begins to take an interest in engines at the Ripamonti workshop, the reference point in the area.
His great curiosity and practical sense lead him to imagine a new motorcycle with a personal vision of him. 500 cc, horizontal cylinder in order to expose the head to cooling, 4 valves, double ignition, gearbox in block, external flywheel and a low frame, finally no longer resembling an adapted bicycle.

A winning vision, which exposes to two officers of the Royal Navy who are passionate about engines like him that the great war will bring together with that randomness of life that often magically combines destinies.
Carlo Guzzi (the design engineer), Giorgio Parodi (the financier), Giovanni Ravelli (the rider) become friends and agree to produce that bike.
And they will not stop, not even with the death of Giovanni in an air test.
Giorgio asks his father Emanuele Vittorio, a prudent and shrewd Genoese shipowner, for the financing to leave.
The father agrees: "... Because if by lucky hypothesis I liked it, I'm willing to go a long way without limitations of figures".

March 15, 1921, the Moto Guzzi Anonymous Company was born, with its legal and administrative headquarters in Genoa and a production plant in Mandello del Lario. Vision, prudence, rationality and passion.

Mandello del Lario, 2021.
100 years have passed since those magical days: 100 years of vision, prudence, rationality, ingenuity that generated an infinite, throbbing, reckless passion.
100 years of Guzzismo riding marvelous, pulsating motorcycles, companions of adventurous journeys as well as joyful everyday life; 100 years that we will celebrate together, through that magical rite that is celebrated every year with the whole Mandello del Lario celebrating around the dream factory.

Mandello del Lario, 6-12 September 2021: here are the definitive dates of the Centenary International Motorcycle Rally City of Moto Guzzi, during which Mandello, as usual, will once again be the natural and irresistible attraction for every Guzzista who, like a diviner in search of 'water, will turn the handlebars of their Moto Guzzi bikes of every age and era towards that shore of Lake Como that saw it born and where the celebrations will be concentrated with a rich calendar of events that will begin on 6 September, and then convey from 9 September in WYD 2021.
Moto Guzzi together with the International Motorcycle Rally Committee are preparing an unmissable event.

But not only that: many other events are in preparation throughout the year that will warm our hearts with two and four valves, single or twin, until the final apotheosis of September.

It will be a great unforgettable party.
Follow us on the official website and on our Facebook and Instagram channels to receive all the updates.
https://motoradunomandello.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIu2lJGcGVg5lDQSu0OyEcg
#motoradunomandello #cittadellamotoguzzi #mandellodellario #motoguzzi #moto_guzzi #raduno #cittadeimotori #motoraduno #moto #run #beautifulbike #motorcycles #historicmotorcycles #event #meeting #moment #photoshoot #pictayures #bikedreamthbike

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1611276959135.jpg
    FB_IMG_1611276959135.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 160
yes , i'm planning on going . don't know what on ( you can take a BM to Mandello ) . made no plans just yet . it all depends on this fucking virus .

But my feet are very itchy. if the eu keep up the 14 day self isolate rules, nothing will happen. the town organises the rally , and are used to doing it , as soon as we are free they will get going .

:aidan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-175121.jpg
    Screenshot_20210125-175121.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 108

Back
Top Bottom