Boots recommendation.

Photo attached, not sure it helps as my cheap Motorola phone does not work too well under CFL bulbs.

Left boots both size 44, Journey on the left, Rainbow on right.

The Journey seems to have 2 or more cm in each dimension. Also, on the Rainbow, the Goretex sock is attached to the leather upper. In the Journey, the sock is not attached to anything at the front meaning it is more flexible. The front of the upper completely folds back on itself, allowing easier access.

Also, the distance from the sole to the upper above my instep is greater on the Journey. There are red Keis heated insoles fitted inside the Journey but they are still roomier, allowing thicker socks.

That’s great! Thanks very much, really helpful. :):thumb2
Looks like they’re worth a try.

Photo attached, not sure it helps as my cheap Motorola phone does not work too well under CFL bulbs.

Left boots both size 44, Journey on the left, Rainbow on right.

The Journey seems to have 2 or more cm in each dimension. Also, on the Rainbow, the Goretex sock is attached to the leather upper. In the Journey, the sock is not attached to anything at the front meaning it is more flexible. The front of the upper completely folds back on itself, allowing easier access.

Also, the distance from the sole to the upper above my instep is greater on the Journey. There are red Keis heated insoles fitted inside the Journey but they are still roomier, allowing thicker socks.

Boots arrived today. I can actually get my feet into them! They feel a wee bit tight but I’m sure will be fine with a bit of breaking in.
Much obliged for your help.
Thanks too to everyone who offered advice.
The Rainbow boots arrived very quickly from FC Moto, no additional charges. This time though I got hit with VAT, Duty and handling charges of £87 odd! I thought about refusing delivery but couldn’t be bothered with all the hassle. Lesson learned. Watch out for this!

Boots arrived today. I can actually get my feet into them! They feel a wee bit tight but I’m sure will be fine with a bit of breaking in.
Much obliged for your help.
Thanks too to everyone who offered advice.
The Rainbow boots arrived very quickly from FC Moto, no additional charges. This time though I got hit with VAT, Duty and handling charges of £87 odd! I thought about refusing delivery but couldn’t be bothered with all the hassle. Lesson learned. Watch out for this!

Yes, they will loosen up a bit, like any leather boot, plus the lining will compress a bit.

As for VAT, it seems there is a blanket levying of VAT even on zero rated items. A mate bought a heavily discounted Shoei helmet from FC Moto and got charged VAT by the carrier. Their response was, "reclaim it from HMRC." Helmets should be treated as PPE as they are mandatory, so zero rated.

Back
Top Bottom