New tent

Hut van

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well all the pissing about is done and dusted, I’ve looked at more tents than I can shake a stick at. I’ve read all the posts on here about a dozen times and even had a very nice offer from Posh Pete to borrow his tent for a few days to see if I liked it.
I decided to push the boat out and have just ordered a lone rider, my mate just reminded me that it’s the equivalent of staying at the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore for 4 days. I just hope it arrives some time before Easter!

Wouldn’t fancy doing that in a rainstorm ,can you pitch the inner and the outer together .

A tent pitched in the garden with an Atlas emblazoned on it's starboard side?
On the plus side, she looks like fun - A bit skinny, but fun nonetheless. :)

I’ve got one and can’t fault it, once you get the hang of it, it takes no time at all. Two years ago we were camping in Albert and it was a full on Gale, i was on the camp bed with the tent shakin around like it was going home with or without me and it was fine. Bike was tucked up safe and sound away from prying eyes. Mates bike was outside and was covered in twigs and leaves. Plenty of room for xl helinox camp bed and all a man can carry, saying that I wouldn’t want to be with the missus and all the shite they bring.
I found that a tarp is a worthwhile investment so you can cook in the porch, I was happily cooking me tea in mine whilst my pal was getting soaked in his tent entrance.
Also, the inner tent stays attached so it is very little hassle
Take some time and get used to putting it up in your front garden before you need to try doing it for real in the dark and rain

Only thing I’ll say is make sure you park bike with side stand on opposite side of tent, you really don’t want that diving into bed with you in the middle of the night. Also, I didn’t get the one with the map of the world on it. Lucky me !!!

Tent

I’m really looking forward to receiving it, they said 6 days for delivery but who knows just now with the brexit mess.
I can’t see me ever putting my bike in it, I just wanted a tent you could stand up in with decent pack size and weight and a porch you could shelter from the Scotish pissing rain, I looked for weeks trying to find something that covered all those bases within a £300 budget and apart from the green cone, nada.
So the credit card took the hit, I hope it’s as good as the reviews I’ve watched and comments on here.

It’s arrived

Well I got a message from DPD yesterday saying there was no one available at my house to sign for a parcel addressed to me as both the wife and I were at work, messaged them back last nigh to leave it in the clean brown bin, got home there it was beside said brown bin!
So after T I called my son to come up and give me a hand to erect it in the living room (he was in the scout movement from 8 years old to 18 year old adventure scout) I would definitely struggle to put this up on my own the first few times anyway.
I was truly impressed with the service from Lone Rider as I only ordered it on Sunday night and DPD tried to deliver on Tuesday.
When I decided this was the tent I wanted,I searched google for a UK based supplier but couldn’t find one, I even looked at the Adventure bike shop but they never showed any stock so I just ordered it direct on line from Lone Rider, the order stated 6 day delivery time, I half expected to pay an import duty, but no just the agreed £454 including delivery to my door.
The tent seems to be good quality, so hopefully see some of you guys at events this year.

Back
Top Bottom