Eastern Quebec and New Foundland and Labrador

lancerlot313

Reaction score
Has any of you traveled this part of the world? Was thinking of starting in New York area and traveling through Nova Scotia including Prince Edward Island with a ferry ride over to St John’s with a Mainland ride back Toronto. Any suggestions for this area for a ride?

I highly recommend the Gaspe loop in Quebec and Cape Breton in Nova Scotia. Check AdvRider.com for ride reports, suggestions and photos. Think of riding mountain roads adjacent to the coast. They are not technical but offer enough curves and elevation changes to keep you entertained while surrounded by spectacular scenery. PEI is very scenic but the riding fun factor is nothing to write home about. I have only flown into/out of Newfoundland and can’t speak to the riding there. People throughout your areas of interest are very friendly. You shouldn’t have a problem finding people in Quebec that speak English in tourist areas and larger towns. You are planning on covering some serious distances. Ride safe and enjoy.

The ferry from PEI to St Johns used to be about 20hours in the `70`s . Personally I`d give it a miss as I seem to remember it as a bit featureless with one main road across it . Newfoundland never seems to be shown on maps as the same scale as the main land . It is a long way from one side to the other. The time spent there would be better s would be better spent in northern Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom