Advise for a GPS for bike.

smally

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having cycled for quite sometime i decided since my knee is bucked i'd shell out and get a new ebike, a Ribble AGR e to be exact. Great peoce of kit not tried on forest tracks etc yet. I have an old Garmin 800GPS which has served me well. Was wondering what you all use now, is it an app or a stand alone GPS unit. Would like to strava the rides but not sure the setup. Thanks.:beer:

It really depends if you want maps on the unit and if you want it to route you.

I have a small & cheap Garmin Edge 25. It has a (basic) track functionality that I sometimes use when on longer routes or offroad.
Create the track on your computer (or download from Strava): sync it via Garmin Connect, and then you can "trace" it.

It really depends if you want maps on the unit and if you want it to route you.

^^ That. If you want to use it to navigate I'd look carefully at screen size and the type of graphics and make sure it'll serve your needs. If you just want good post-exercise data, I'd use a simple Garmin like a forerunner 35 that synchs back to Garmin Express and Strava.

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt. Cracking little unit. :thumb2

I've got a Garmin 200....I think, still use it and seems more accurate than the kiox on my cube.

Those maps ones are expensive and, I guess not that easy to read on the go.

I have a Wahoo Elemnt Roam but as a device to display heart bpm, distance, speed & ft climbed the map function isn’t great. I have uploaded Strava routes to it, but I find it easier to use my phone.

I like Garmin on my motorbike.

Back
Top Bottom