Wales - some of my favourite roads for your review and consideration.

oddjob

Reaction score
Due to the Global Pandemic, I anticipate European travel restrictions will become increasingly problematical and draconian for the foreseeable future. :tears

Consequently, we should perhaps have contingency back-up plans for subsequent post lock-down touring within the UK mainland; naturally, when safe, permitted and legal to do so.

For your review and consideration, I've created twenty-one Garmin .gpx route files which include a small selection of my favourites roads in Wales, also some brief forays across the border into England. :thumb

I appreciate we all have different tastes and preferences as to what constitutes the "best motorcycling roads" and some may even have the temerity to complain to the Supreme Court of :ukgser and demand divine retribution. :eek: Those pedants shall not be named. :augie

:comfort

1. Click the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y2a24u5483dyt0z/AABsOR-sL0I3JOAL7KjxfL3aa?dl=0
2. Select the file
3. Click download
4. Save to your device

Wishing you and yours safe riding. :)

Force majeure :type: :blagblah
a) the files are for non-commercial personal use;
b) I bear no responsibility to the ultimate end user for any consequential loss or damage.

Attachments

• BaseCamp Map; Wales.jpg
    BaseCamp Map; Wales.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 618
  • Wales gpx files.PNG
    Wales gpx files.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 641
That's useful. We are in exactly the position you outline - European trip planned and booked for June/July, but contingency plans seem very appropriate. Wales is high on the list or potential UK destinations, though we might have enough time to spend a week in the South and a week in the North.

brilliant many thanks

Due to the Global Pandemic, I anticipate European travel restrictions will become increasingly problematical and draconian for the foreseeable future. :tears

Consequently, we should perhaps have contingency back-up plans for subsequent post lock-down touring within the UK mainland; naturally, when safe, permitted and legal to do so.

For your review and consideration, I've created twenty-one Garmin .gpx route files which include a small selection of my favourites roads in Wales, also some brief forays across the border into England. :thumb

I appreciate we all have different tastes and preferences as to what constitutes the "best motorcycling roads" and some may even have the temerity to complain to the Supreme Court of :ukgser and demand divine retribution. :eek: Those pedants shall not be named. :augie

:comfort

1. Click the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bl2exyxi2bachyc/AABKIcqCulL1c_Hj2AvXAj3ea?dl=0[

2. Select the file
3. Click download
4. Save to your device

Wishing you and yours safe riding. :)

Force majeure :type: :blagblah
a) the files are for non-commercial personal use;
b) I bear no responsibility to the ultimate end user for any consequential loss or damage.

Please kindly note:
1. The files won't always be readily available because "Free" Dropbox URL's expire after seven days;
2. On 29.01.2021 I've added a new URL which will again subsequently expire on 05.02.2021

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bl2exyxi2bachyc/AABKIcqCulL1c_Hj2AvXAj3ea?dl=0

I wish you would stop posting these types of great roads and routes. I moved down to Oswestry a few years ago, and knew I could explore these roads. And what happens “WALES IS CLOSED”

:)

:beerjug:

I wish you would stop posting these types of great roads and routes. I moved down to Oswestry a few years ago, and knew I could explore these roads. And what happens “WALES IS CLOSED”

Aberdeen to Wales... blimey, you have been unlucky twice in life :D

We've certainly plenty of fantastic roads in our immediate area!

I've added a further additional route to the Dropbox (which you'll already be familiar). :beerjug:

However, I guess it won't be until at least May 2021 :nenau until we'll all be allowed out to play on our bikes. :)

Attachments

• Wales gpx files 2.PNG
    Wales gpx files 2.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 466
  • New Map; Wales.PNG
    New Map; Wales.PNG
    107 KB · Views: 550
To save an unseemly rush and a crashing of Dropbox’s servers, this link will last until doomsday or beyond....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tjzxycy16z2o3i7/AAClf97pV1Uyuo7sny-4q4Spa?dl=0
:aidan :bow :augie

I regret to advise you haven't configured your Dropbox to automatically account for updates as per incumbent :ukgser best practice. :nenau.

We've certainly plenty of fantastic roads in our immediate area!

I've added a further additional route to the Dropbox (which you'll already be familiar). :beerjug:

However, I guess it won't be until at least May 2021 :nenau until we'll all be allowed out to play on our bikes. :)

FYI:
You may appreciate there's no substitute for local knowledge.
I've been riding absolutely fantastic Welsh roads for very many years.
However, the vast majority of these truly memorable routes were merely committed to memory.
In due course I may create further additional .gpx route files and add to my Dropbox to share with all.
Perhaps even for your subsequent reference and due consideration in perpetuity :rolleyes:

Good roads in Wales?

No such thing. Nope. None. Wouldn't waste the time. Stick to the M5, plenty exciting enough. Maybe go over to Norfolk, they've got big mountains that way.

The above may not be true. But I'm greedy and want them all to myself :thumb

Back
Top Bottom