Ultra wide monitors

Walowiz

Reaction score
I’m looking at getting a different / better monitor setup for work.

Currently using a 27” 4K monitor, sometimes 2 of them if the other isn’t in use. But I’m finding I’m having to adjust the scaling to be able to read docs, code etc. So not really using the true 4K space.

Been eyeing up an ultra wide monitor, 34” or 38”. Initial thoughts are these would work well for my line of work, having multiple windows open, not overlapping etc could be good.

Has anyone here made the slightly expensive switch to an ultra wide monitor ? As they ain’t cheap, I can’t take one for a test drive and I’m very conscious that I can get a whole lot of monitor for less than one of these.

I used a 34" monitor at work and as I have been working at home for the last 10 months on a much smaller monitor I treated myself to a Christmas present of a new 34" monitor. I went for this one which I got a bit cheaper through a work loyalty scheme directly with Samsung.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LC...02&hvtargid=pla-564975961578&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I love also that it has usb-c/thunderbolt that means I can use one cable for my mac, with no separate charger.

Really happy with it and can have two or three windows at a push. It also has picture in picture so I can have one half of the screen for one laptop and the other half off another input.

50881714458_5bc29259cd.jpg

RBW.

P.S. I didn't think my desk could take a bigger monitor, but if your used to a 27" it might be worth going for a 38" ?

I've got a Dell curved ultra wide as my main monitor. Can't remember the model number at the moment but it is fantastic.

I code most of the day and it has been absolutely brilliant to work with.

I usually have a second monitor for email/teams/slack etc and dedicate the main monitor for working on.

Well worth the money.

Samsung curved has been excellent during lockdown working from home.

I've got a Samsung C43J892 43" curved monitor. It wasn't cheap but I really like it. I had to send the first one back because it had a lot of dead pixels in one area of the screen. The second has one dead pixel which is bearable. I don't know if ultrawides are more susceptible to dead pixels during manufacture, but if you're fussy about them (and that's not a dig, I can see why people don't want any at all) it might be worth considering buying from somewhere that offers are pre-despatch check.

I used a 34" monitor at work and as I have been working at home for the last 10 months on a much smaller monitor I treated myself to a Christmas present of a new 34" monitor. I went for this one which I got a bit cheaper through a work loyalty scheme directly with Samsung.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LC...02&hvtargid=pla-564975961578&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I love also that it has usb-c/thunderbolt that means I can use one cable for my mac, with no separate charger.

Really happy with it and can have two or three windows at a push. It also has picture in picture so I can have one half of the screen for one laptop and the other half off another input.

50881714458_5bc29259cd.jpg

RBW.

P.S. I didn't think my desk could take a bigger monitor, but if your used to a 27" it might be worth going for a 38" ?

Is that an electric stand sit desk ? Been thinking of upgrading to one of those, finding I’m sitting down for 8-9 hours a day now - which isn’t doing me any favours.

Back
Top Bottom