General Enfield question(s)

Picked them up from ebay. Was only an hours drive away so no postage. Was from an old guy clearing out his garage. Top box to match as well. £20 for the lot.
s-l1600.jpg

Ah, Hagity Remp panniers, I thought they looked familiar. We had them on our police BMWs back in the day, and I had a set on my old CX500 back in the 80s.

Good find :thumb

Thanks again. What caught my attention recently was an advert locally for a "New Royal Enfield Classic Military" ! It just looks lovely, in my opinion.... and has set the ball rolling I think !

A good mate of mine has this very day picked up his Desert Storm Bullet 500. Its a second /alternative bike for him and he seems well chuffed with it. Early days. :okay

They appear to be all metric, but, there are a couple of strange fitments. The threads on the bolts and studs for the rear shocks are 3/8 bsf but with a metric head. No idea why. Also no idea about the pre unit enfields, all mine are unit construction engines with fuel injection, which you can take off and fit an Amal carb and goes just the same.

Back
Top Bottom